Neutron is an advanced music player with close-to-metal 32/64-bit audio engine which delivers the best possible Hi-Fi grade quality of sound on your iOS device.
Neutron offers high-resolution audio playback without frequency resampling and bits truncation if internal/external DAC supports it.
Thanks to input/output network capabilities Neutron is the only application in the market capable of sending audio to the network renderers (UPnP/DLNA, Chromecast) with all DSP effects applied including true gapless playback.
It features the sophisticated UI with advanced options and controls for music playback. It is not an easy or another 'pop' music player, it is developed for audiophiles and those who really in love with music!
* 32/64-bit audio processing (high quality HD audio).
* OS and platform independent decoding and audio processing.
* Hi-Res Audio support (internal/external DACs).
* Bit-perfect playback.
* Audio formats: MP3, OGG (Vorbis), FLAC, OPUS, AC3, AAC, M4A, M4B, M4R, MP4, 3GP, 3G2, MOV, ALAC, APE (Monkey's Audio), WV (WavPack), MPC (MusePack), WAV, AU, AIFF.
* Native DSD (direct or DoP), DSD.
* Decoding DSD to PCM.
* DSD formats: DFF, DSF, ISO SACD/DVD.
* Module music formats: MOD, IM, XM, S3M.
* Voice audio format: SPEEX.
* Playlists: CUE, M3U, PLS, ASX, RAM, XSPF, WPL.
* Lyrics (.LRC files, metadata).
* Streaming audio (plays Internet radio streams, Icecast).
* Supports large media libraries.
* Network music sources:
- SMB/CIFS network device (NAS or PC, Samba shares);
- UPnP/DLNA media server;
- FTP server;
- WebDAV server.
* Output to Chromecast (up to 24-bit, 192 kHz, no limit for a format or DSP effects).
* Output to UPnP/DLNA Media Renderer (up to 24-bit, 768 kHz, no limit for a format or DSP effects).
* Direct output to USB DAC (via USB OTG adapter, up to 32-bit, 768 kHz).
* 32-bit output (IEEE 754, optional).
* UPnP/DLNA Media Renderer server (gapless, DSP effects).
* Device local music library management via internal FTP server.
* DSP effects:
- Parametric Equalizer (4-30 band, fully configurable: type, frequency, Q, gain);
- Graphic EQ mode with 21 common presets;
- Surround Sound (Ambiophonic R.A.C.E.);
- Crossfeed (better stereo sound perception in headphones);
- Compressor / Limiter (compression of dynamic range);
- Speaker (per channel: delay, attenuation, DSP filter);
- Dithering (minimize quantization);
- Pitch, Tempo (playback speed and pitch correction);
- Phase Inversion (channel polarity change).
* Speaker overload protecting filters: Subsonic, Ultrasonic.
* Normalization by Peak, RMS (Preamp gain calculation after DSP effects).
* Replay Gain from metadata.
* Gapless playback (sample accurate).
* Hardware and Preamp volume controls.
* High quality real-time optional resampling (Quality and Audiophile modes).
* Real-time Spectrum and RMS analyzers.
* Balance (L/R).
* Mono mode.
* Playback modes: Shuffle, Loop, Single Track, Sequential, Queue.
* Playlist management.
* Media library grouping by: album, artist, composer, genre, year, rating, folder.
* Artist grouping by 'Album Artist' category.
* Folder mode.
* Clock mode.
* Timers: sleep, wake.
* Supports any screen resolution.
* Interface languages: Русский, 中文 (繁体), 中文 (简体), 한국어, 日本語, Việt, ไทย, Deutsch, Italiano, Indonesian, Malay, Nederlands, Français, English, Español, ελληνικά, Português, Magyar, Polski, العربية, Türk.
Neutron is under active development!
Technical support e-mail:
Please report bugs directly by e-mail or via forum and provide usage example that will help to fix the problem as soon as possible. Your kind patience, help and participation are highly appreciated!
* DLNA® is trademark of the Digital Living Network Alliance.
- ISO (SACD/DVD) format;
- Setup -> Album Artwork option for: Artists, Composers, Albums, Genres, Playlists, Folders;
- source album art from art-only folders (like Artwork);
- global search by folders and filenames inside Folders -> 1-st level;
- invoke Global Search by long pressing the Lookup (magnifier icon);
- Network -> Preload Buffer: to improve stability of streaming radios over unstable network;
- ability to manually edit normalized Replay Gain from the settings dialog.
* Performance optimisations;
* Capitalize track name, album, artist of CUE if corresponding option is set in Media Library settings;
- selection of PCM frequency for DPCM tracks when Oversample is active;
- natural sorting to put _[... prefixed filenames on top of the list;
- autostart Queue playback if its Autostart option is On and it was empty even if playback is already active.
- MQA tracks result in silence if Audiophile quality selected;
- HW Latency for UPnP device not set to the correct value by a double-tap on slider;
- total CUE time not correct in track properties;
- blank screen if Clock is disabled and Sleep timer expires;
- PCM track could play as PCM in DSD stream resulting in harsh noise;
- click sound for some DSD DSF;
- wrong duration of DSD WV track;
- minor crashes.
Ratings and Reviews
Love it, BUT...
Love this app. Phenomenal music player, but, recently with their latest update, my iPhone 6s Plus, is not showing the actual gigabytes that Neutron is using. I know I have over 40 gigabytes of FLAC albums in there, but app is showing that I only have 7 gigabytes of use, and that is no matter if I add even more FLAC files, still the same 7.43 gigabytes. It’s like the app doesn’t or can’t “refresh” itself. But there is no problems at all, though, on my iPad Air 2. Please fix for iPhone 6s Plus. Thanks! Keep up the great work. PHENOMENAL!!!
Update: with latest ios update 12.2, it broke one of my favorite Neutron features, and which was that when you backed up your iPhone or your iPad, your Neutron FLAC Library wasn’t backed up along with the regular backup, to your local drive, and which in my having over 50 gigabytes, means that my computer hard drive is now limited for space, as on my ipad and iphone combined, I have almost 100 gigabytes now in additional storage being wasted on backing up Flac files thatI should not have to backup...since the app is now backing up every single Flac file. NEUTRON NEVER USED TO DO THIS. Please FIX, as this is one of the main reasons I use this app. Thank you.
Developer Response ,
Neutron must be able to scan all files if you keep your FLACs inside Neutron's Documents folder. Please try re-scanning source entry may be (long press on a source entry inside Sources -> Scan). If it does not help, you could try delete/create source entry but it is only you are sure that files which did not appear in Media Library are really inside the Documents folder. If nothing helps please e-mail to email@example.com with more details.
So here are the steps to make this app so great that separates it from others instead of the normal option of scrolling up and down and turn your equalizer off and on like most music apps you get the option to press and hold down your settings and then customizing it that also includes volume control and surround sound controls plus you get a volume control setting which is absolutely insane! You get upwards of six controls for your bass and surround sound moods I have been messing around with this app for over a month now and each time I use it I get a different setting the best part with this app that I love most is you don’t have to pay for other options in this app like you have to do with others
Amazing Music Player!
This is easily one of the best music players for iPhone. There is so much control for almost every aspect of your music. The cross fader is really fun and the quality of sound that this makes is incredible. The only thing thats keeping this app from being a 5 is I wish you could have more control within the queue. For example it would be really great if within the queue you could choose what gets played next and essentially build the queue as you go along. Other then that it’s a great app!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.