Brought to you by the makers of Words with Friends, New Chess With Friends is the most social and engaging way to play Chess on an iPhone and iPad. Connect with friends and family or easily discover new opponents from the active Chess With Friends community.
Play multiple games at the same time, track your moves and improve your stats.
Already a Chess With Friends player? All your games, friends, stats carry over into this new version.
Download New Chess with Friends and start playing today!
• CONNECT with Facebook to play family and friends
• DISCOVER new opponents with Smart Match or challenging who's Playing Now
• TRACK your record, skill rating, and head-to-head stats to improve your game play
• CUSTOMIZE your board and pieces in the theme selector
• CLIMB the global leaderboard and compare your performance to the best
• RELIVE the glory or despair by replaying moves in existing and past games
• CHAT with your friends or opponents while you play
• CUSTOMIZE your board with beautiful background themes and pieces
• PLAY multiple games at once across multiple mobile platforms
• COMPATIBLE with previous versions - Your friends and games carry over
* Play New Chess With Friends without third party ads between moves if you previously purchased the ad-free version of Chess With Friends on iOS. Be sure to login with Facebook or the email account you used to make the previous purchase to continue to play without third party ads between moves.
Already a fan? Join our active communities to discuss the game, give feedback, or find new friends to play
• Use of this application is governed by the Zynga Terms of Service. These Terms are available through the License Agreement field below, and at http://m.zynga.com/legal/terms-of-service.
• The game is free to play, however in-app purchase are available for additional content and premium currency. In-app purchases range from $0.99 to $99.99.
• This game does permit a user to connect to social networks, such as Facebook, and as such players may come into contact with other people when playing this game.
• Terms of Service for Social Networks you connect to in this game may also apply to you.
• You will be given the opportunity to participate in special offers, events, and programs from Zynga Inc. and its partners.
• Must be 13+ to play.
• Use of this application requires a Facebook or Games With Friends account.
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Unreliable and ugly
Unlike Words With Friends, Chess With Friends looks bad and barely works at all. One has to pay for any appearance other than the default, even though one has to tolerate an advert after submitted no each move. But the real disgrace is that games get corrupted incredibly frequently. I've been playing for about a week and in that time fully half of the games have become corrupted at some point, meaning that further play is impossible and one is left hanging unable to complete. It's hard to understand how corruption is even possibly given that the move history and opponent data is still fully available. What could not be reconstructed from that? Frustrating. I'm switching to some other internet chess app. This is painful.
Paid version is great
This is a great game, but you need to get the the paid version get rid of the ads.
It looks great, there is plenty of good competition. Some people are complaining that people can take up to 5 days to make a move. Most people play immediately and if they don’t make a move after 5 days they lose. This is called chess with friends, for people who want to compete at their leisure. It is also cross platform .
The free version is intolerable. If you pay you get your money’s worth.
Overall, it’s a failure.
I love the original CWF app. The look and feel is organized and clean. The design and UI is so much better than this new app.
There are advantages to this app, however. You can see so much more information, such as your rating - and that of your opponent - your record history, and so much more. The original app has almost non of these features.
My main complaint, and what I would LOVE to see changed, is the fact that an opponent can wait up to FIVE DAYS in between moves. That is ridiculous. I have played games that have lasted three months. There is no logical reason for that. Two days is far more time than is actually needed... and, in my opinion, one is enough. But five is absurd. Please change this. PLEASE.
Additionally, I would like to be able to play more than 40 games at one time if desired. There should be no “maximum” number of games allowed. But this is not as big of a deal, just something I’d like changed.
Improve this and the other requests named in these reviews and you’ll get 5 stars from me.
- Zynga Mobile
- 93.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, German, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Zynga Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- No More Third Party Ads $9.99
- Newspaper Theme $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.