New City Catechism
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The New City Catechism is a modern-day resource aimed at helping children and adults alike learn the core doctrines of the Christian faith via 52 questions and answers. The New City Catechism mobile app makes it easy to take all of the questions and answers with you wherever you go—for free!
The app pairs each question and answer with a Scripture reading from the ESV, a short prayer, and a devotional commentary written by contemporary pastors, including John Piper, Timothy Keller, Kevin DeYoung, and others.
The app also includes a short version of each answer and kid-friendly songs designed to help children memorize the entire catechism.
• 52 catechism questions and answers related to God, humanity, sin, salvation, and more
• Devotional commentary on every question and answer written by respected pastors and church leaders
• Short prayers to accompany each question and answer
• A children's mode featuring short versions of each answer and quick access to kid-friendly songs designed to aid memorization
• Related Bible passages drawn from the ESV
The New City Catechism is a joint project of the Gospel Coalition and Crossway.
What's New in Version 2.0.4
New songs added for questions 16-31.
Great app to teach theology to kids
Great tool to teach good basic theology to your kids. I use the app with my 4 and 2 year old and the 4 year old has memorized about the first 20 questions. I can see how his knowledge from the questions is already affecting the way he thinks about life. The songs are great too, they help a lot with the memorization of the Q and As and make it fun for the kids. Highly recommended.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Sep 16, 2017
- Version: 2.0.4
- Size: 18.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Crossway
- © 2017 The Gospel Coalition and Redeemer Presbyterian Church
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.