The New Immigrants: NYC 1880-1924
By Vanguard Direct
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Imagine leaving everything you had and everyone you knew to travel thousands of miles to a strange new place. This was the reality for millions of immigrants who came to America at the turn of the 20th century. The New Immigrants: NYC 1880-1924 explores the immigrant experience through a carefully curated collection of over 100 artifacts that includes photos, documents, newspaper articles, political cartoons, videos and much more. In partnership with leading cultural institutions and experts, the New York City Department of Education brings the immigrant experience to the classroom in an exciting new way.
Utilizing the iPad multi-touch interface, teachers, students and lovers of history will delve into the journey, triumphs, hardships and everyday experiences of immigrants in NYC. The New Immigrants: NYC 1880-1924 puts this rich history at your fingertips.
What's New in Version 2.0
- Four Square Perspectives and SIGHT Analysis activities are now interactive! You can still use them for blank worksheets or have your students complete them from the app. Text or sources added to these activities will be included when they are emailed or printed.
- Print your collections to an AirPrint-enabled printer by tapping the Share button.
- Search for and add sources to a collection from within the collection view.
- Rearrange sources in a collection. Tap Edit and drag sources to the desired position.
- Miscellaneous improvements to the interface and interactions including swiping between sources.
- Updated for iOS 9 and the 12.9-inch iPad Pro.