By MakeMusic, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SmartMusic is interactive music learning software that can dramatically improve students’ skills by transforming the way they practice and learn. This is the app for use with music classrooms using the new web-based version of SmartMusic.
With SmartMusic, music educators can assign their students inspiring music from the world’s most respected publishers.
As students perform along with the music on-screen, they hear their part in context with professional accompaniment. They receive immediate feedback on what they perform (both in terms of rhythm and pitch) and a performance score. Students can hear and see what needs improvement, and are motivated to do better before submitting their best performance for assessment and guidance by their teacher.
What can students do with SmartMusic?
• Open sheet music on screen for 23,000+ solo and ensemble titles, including repertoire for brass, percussion, strings, woodwinds and voice with accompaniment
• Play along with inspiring accompaniments with professional audio tracks
• Record and listen to your performances
• See your successes and areas for improvement, and loop difficult passages
• If used in an educational setting, students can receive, review, and submit SmartMusic-created assignments
What can music educators do with SmartMusic?
• Create and send assignments to their students
• Hear student recordings
• Document student progress in the gradebook
• Choose from 100+ popular methods for band, jazz band, orchestra, voice, and general education
• Select music for your program from 5,000+ ensemble titles, by top composers from Gordon Goodwin and Frank Ticheli to Sandra Dackow and Z. Randall Stroope
• Access 18,500+ solo titles from respected publishers including Alfred, Hal Leonard, Kjos, Manhattan Beach, and many more
Full repertoire access requires a SmartMusic account with access to a valid subscription.
Download the SmartMusic app today and change the way music is taught and practiced.
It's about time.
This was frustrating to wait for, but I like it better than the other and original iPad app. Now I imagine that it will just keep getting better. Much better functionality than the older version. Not a compromise.
Tough to provide a valid review on an app that you can't login to. Nor would the lost password feature work.
Where are the good accompaniments?
I'm not seeing any of the advanced flute accompaniments I've known from SmartMusic like the muczynski sonata, Prokofiev etc. If I can't access them on iPad then it's a pretty bad app.
- Category: Education
- Released: Oct 19, 2016
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 6.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: MakeMusic, Inc.
- © 2016 MakeMusic, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, and 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular.