New York Subway MTA Map and Route Planner
By mxData Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With millions of downloads NYC Subway MTA Map gives you all the subway know how you need to get around the city that never sleeps. With it's sleek and stylish design, this FREE app by the award-winning mxData will be just the ticket.
“All you need to easily use the subway to get around New York. 5 stars for sure.” By Ices07
“Never lost with this app. Use it all the time. Doesn't need a signal.” By SJWreview
“Perfect for getting around NYC. Easy to use and up to the minute information." By Quilt Master
- Uses official iconic MTA map of the NYC subway including Staten Island.
- Route planner - Via the map, find your starting point, tap route planner, select your destination and let New York Subway MTA Map do the rest.
- E & E Alerts - Escalator & Elevator alerts. Get service outage information before/whilst on your journey.
- Favourite your routes.
- Walking routes - on/off feature on the map.
- Off-line Point of Interest routing.
- Improved arrival boards coverage. See when the next train is due.
- Via the map search for a subway station or find your nearest one.
- A clear map with pan and zoom. Easy to see while on the move.
- With network coverage get LIVE information about subway stations and lines. Keeping you in control of your journey.*
- Integrated Twitter feed with off/on option for map tweets.
- It's FREE so does include adverts. To go 'ad free' there's an in-app purchase available.
Stay on track with New York City Subway MTA Map.
If you’re thinking of visiting Washington DC, Los Angeles or Chicago make sure you check out our other mxData metro apps:
- Washington - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/washington-metro-map-route/id635278334
- Los Angeles - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/la-metro-map-route-planner/id635885657
- Chicago - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/chicago-l-map-route-planner/id635826132
Join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/NYCSubwayApp or follow us on Twitter @NYSubwayMap. Let's stay in touch
* Please note: whilst we endeavour that Line Status notifications are delivered in a timely manner we can’t guarantee this 100% of the time. There may be occasions when the functionality isn’t available due to technical reasons outside of our control.
What's New in Version 4.1.3
Now with Apple Watch support for Service Status.
Enjoy : )
Basically Just a Map 👎🏼
This app is okay as a map, but that's basically it, and it doesn't find ways to help you save time. For example, when traveling to Coney Island (where we started off at Rockefeller Center) the "route planner" told us to take the B train (which goes as far as Brighton Beach) and get off at the last stop and transfer to the Q train there. When we got off at Brighton Beach, the Q train was all the way on another platform. That meant we had to go up and down stairs to get to the platform. A more convenient way was to get off at Sheepshead Bay, where the Q train is right across from the B train. We ended up missing the train and having wasted valuable time. What a waste! If you are going to create an app on the NY subway system, actually study the subway system, and not just upload a hard version of the map. We trusted the app, and it just made us waste time. Do not get this app, just look up a map on the Internet. 👎🏼👎🏼👎🏼
Worked great for me!
This app made it possible for someone with no public transportation experience to navigate the NY subway successfully! I used it in conjunction with the map on my iPhone to plan the best walking routes from POIs in the city to the stations.
I liked that you can use the locator arrow & it tells you the closest station, you can plan "fast" routes (w/ transfers for experienced riders) or "easy" (direct routes for beginners), shows express stations (white dot) & regular stations (black dot - that express trains skip), & arrival board times (as long as you have a signal to update).
The basic features work even if you do not have a signal.
I did not purchase anything to get rid of ads & I don't click on them, so they weren't a problem for me.
This app was a core reason we had such easy subway transportation for 5 days!
The app is convenient sometimes. It gives you an idea of when the train will come/go. Sometimes it lies and says its leaving in 10 minutes and takes an additional 5 minutes to come. I do appreciate having the subway map on my phone, it comes handy. Overall it's a good app, it could improve on its accuracy.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Jul 02, 2015
- Version: 4.1.3
- Size: 24.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: mxData Limited
- © mxData Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$2.99