New York Subway uses the official MTA subway map and includes a helpful transit route planner. With over 8 million downloads worldwide this NYC subway map is free to download and will help you navigate around New York using the subway system.
• Official MTA map of the New York Subway.
• Including all 5 NYC boroughs - Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx and Staten Island.
• Easy-to-use transit route planner to get you from A to B on the subway.
• Works offline for help even without an internet connection.
• Service Status from MTA shows live information about delays with alerts sent straight to your phone.
• Countdown Clocks for each subway station to check when the next train is due.
• Search for any subway station on the map or find the nearest station to your location from anywhere in New York.
• Plan routes to Points of Interest including Empire State Building, New York Botanical Garden and Times Square.
• Favorite your routes for quick access when on the move.
• If you're visiting New York City for the first time, there's a handy guide in the app filled with helpful travel tips and information.
• E & E Alerts show any out of service elevators and escalators as well as an estimate for when they will return to service.
• Live Twitter updates from the official NYCT Subway account with helpful transit information.
Mapway make transit apps for cities all around the world with over 40 million downloads. If you’re visiting Washington DC, Boston or London make sure you check out our other apps available to download for free in the App Store.
Plan. Route. Relax.
*Whilst we endeavor that service status notifications are delivered in a timely manner we can’t guarantee this 100% of the time. There may be occasions when this isn’t available due to technical reasons outside of our control. Please note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Join Mapway Apps on Facebook or follow us on Twitter @MapwayApps. We would love to hear from you!
Thank you for downloading the app. We regularly update the app to make it better for you.
This release includes an updated map and some bug fixes and improvements for you.
To make sure you don’t miss a thing, just keep your updates turned on.
Got a question? Tap Support in the About section in the app.
Ratings and Reviews
Missing important info
Good map that’s available offline. It’s very useful. I used to have notifications on but it became useless as there are only a few timeframes for notification that you can choose (I find that I get way too many for way too long...even though you only need it just 1 hr before you leave) and the notification itself is not specific about what the change in service is. Not helpful. And I found out that throughout using this app over a couple of years, it doesn’t let you know any weekend service changes - such as trains not running at all or skipping certain stations. This is a different type of notification aside from the usual incident/delay type of service change and it’s somehow hard to know unless you go to a specific page on the MTA website or go to the station to see notice flyers stuck on the wall. I dunno... but I get really annoyed when I go take the train and the train station itself is shut down at the same time it shows “good service” on this app. Now I have to either walk to another line/station and/or rearrange my whole transportation so I’m probably gonna be late for 30 mins.. Hopefully in the future this app can include such important info so we don’t get the run around from MTA so much as we do now.
Thank you so much for your review, we really value our users feedback. If you would like assistance with notifications this may be something we can help you with, simply email Support@Mapway.com
All your other comments have been passed on to the development team and hopefully these are things we can improve upon. Thanks again.
Great help for visitors
As out of Towners visiting NJ and NYC from out of state we were very thankful for the great service we experienced with NYC METRO.
We purchased tickets in the Port Authority and with visitor info maps were able to quickly find routes, determine arrival times, etc.
Sometimes it was difficult to know if we were in the right side of the platform, but after a few close calls we learned to see where the line ran and looked for those stops.
Other riders were kind when we asked questions. The trains were usually very prompt. We didn't wait long at any time of day or night. When a car was full, we could easily wait for another.
Having connections to the NJ bus and centrally located stops made our travels easy and saved some on our walking.
In late night returns and after large entertainment events, I was grateful to see an obvious police presence.
On the trains I was impressed with how clean the cars were, comfortable and well sir-conditioned on hot muggy days. Many cars had boards displaying the line and upcoming stops. Other riders were polite, helpful to each other.
Looking forward to my next visit.
We're happy to see you had a great time in NYC. We hope the app helped you get around. 😊
Good except at the last/first stop
The app is great and usually very accurate with the train times when I am coming home from work. However, the app seems to have an issue with dictating southbound train times at the final stop (terminal) of the train I take. I take the 5 train from and to Eastchester-Dyre Avenue. Whenever I select this station it only shows northbound trains but never southbound ones. I wouldn't mind if it only showed southbound trains because those are the ones leaving the station. Other than this issue the app has been great and very useful to my daily commute.
Thank you for letting us know. I have passed this on however if you spot anything else please email Support@Mapway.com and we will take a look at this for you.
In-App PurchasesSee All
The best carriages to use for quick journeys
First and Last Train Times
Perfect when starting early or finishing late
- Mapway Limited
- 103.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Mapway Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads $4.99
- Bulk Saver - BEST VALUE! $9.99
- Carriage Exits $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.