Need to know when buses and trains are coming, and where they're going? This is the app for you.
See instantly when your bus or train is going to arrive – and find the quickest way around town with live journey planning.
• Countdown boards for buses and trains
• Tap on an arrival time to see how far away the vehicle is in real-time
• Full seven-day timetables
• Quickly see the last train or bus arriving tonight
• See every nearby route and where they go
• A-to-B directions – takes traffic delays into account and shows you alternative routes
• One-tap ‘get me home’ journey planning
• Save your favourite stops and stations
• Customise a stop's arrivals board so you only see the routes you want to see.
• The best-designed transport app out there - simple and clean, showing you only the information you need
The app works best with an active data connection and GPS. Please note that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Thanks for using our app! This release brings bug fixes to help make your commute just a little easier.
Ratings and Reviews
Would use again :))
I visited NYC for about three days with my family, and this app definitely saved our lives. Coming from California, we never take the train or bus to go places, so taking the subway would be a huge issue. But this app made traveling so much easier. We knew exactly which train to get on, what stops were being taken, and when we had to get off to either our destination or to transfer to another train. Of course, I can’t give it five stars because sometimes the times are inaccurate, but the times are usually off by a couple minutes. To get an accurate time, the signs in the subway do give better times of when a train is arriving (i.e. 1 minute, 5 minutes, etc.). Also, the service does cut off when the train is in motion, so the app doesn’t work and doesn’t show us our exact location, but once the train stops for the next flow of people, you are able to see exactly which station and street you’re on if the train itself doesn’t provide a sign or you cannot hear the conductor. If I ever go back to NYC, I will definitely be using this app again :)
Great, but with a few flaws
I tried this app and ‘NYC Subway’. This is a far better app.
I was visiting from out of town and had visited many years earlier. I like the NYC subway. It is easy to get around.
But some things are confusing and this app just does not get it right. We were staying at a hotel near the 33rd street, green, #6 line. During most of the day, only the #6 train stops there, it this app’s map says that the 4 also stops there. It does, but only late at night. It took me a day to figure out this error in these maps.
But the route directions to get from one place to another were fine most of the time. We wanted to go to Yankees stadium. The app sent us south on #6 to 14th street to change to the #4. We ended up going north on #6 to Grand Central Station, then switch trains there. That seemed far more logical.
Still, I could not have found my way around the NYC subway without this app.
Good but Interface is poor
This app has a lot of potential. The best thing about it is it's reasonably accurate display of subway arrival times. But there are at least four things about the app that are annoying. 1) Certain multi line subway stops, like W. 4th St., only show the information for the blue lines, not the orange lines. 2). The subway arrival time display for each station often displays at the top of the screen where you can't see it without resuming your screen. 3) the app should remember the zoom state when switching between bus and subway. 4) you should be able to turn on or off bus/subway info in preferences so that the display is cleaner and tailored to ones main use.
- Transit Now ltd
- 37.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Transit Now ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Edition $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.