Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Do you think that you know Newbiggin? …Think again!
Village guides are a unique new series of guides designed for the iPhone and iPads. They allow both the casual visitor and the long-time resident to have a fascinating insight into the past by telling the story of villages through text, audio and superb archive photographs.
Set in the north-east of England, they bring the region’s particular mix of industrial and medieval past to light in a way that traditional guide books cannot match. They also have very useful information for the visitor such as listing where to park or the nearest Cash Machine. Plus you can also find out somewhere great to eat.
This village guide covers Newbiggin.
• Learn about traces of prehistoric life in Newbiggin.
• Identify what remains of medieval Newbiggin.
• Find out about how the fishermen when on strike and would not pay their tithes to the Church.
• Discover Newbiggin’s history as a tourist resort.
• Explore where the old mine in Newbiggin used to stand.
• Learn about the expansion of the town.
• See photos of the last train to leave Newbiggin Railway Station.
• Uncover how the moor used to be a popular sports venue.
• Find out about how the earlier residents of Newbiggin used to entertain themselves.
The Guide describes over thirty places in the village to go and see and listen to the story that lies behind them as well as having over one hundred and sixty illustrations, and archive photographs that are seldom seen.
I hope that you enjoy it and that it encourages you to try out other village guides in the series, such as Ashington, Bedlingon or Lynemouth.
What's New in Version 1.1
Minor bug fixes
- Category: Books
- Updated: Aug 12, 2013
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 2.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Richard Pyle
- © 2013 Village Guide
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.