WLTX-TV is pleased to announce a full featured weather app for the iPhone and iPad platform.
• Access to station content specifically for our mobile users
• 250 meter radar, the highest resolution available
• Future radar to see where severe weather is headed
• High resolution satellite cloud imagery
• Current weather updated multiple times per hour
• Daily and Hourly forecasts updated hourly from our computer models
• Ability to add and save your favorite locations
• A fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
• Severe weather alerts from the National Weather Service
• Opt-in push alerts to keep you safe in severe weather
New Map Experience!
*Press the 3 dots to access map layers options
*Press and hold on any Weather Condition, Storm Symbol or Alert and drag it into the Quick Pick area to quickly change weather layers without accessing all map layers options
Easily view all videos in the app
*Press on a video and you will see all videos within the app displayed so you can easily browse
Ratings and Reviews
This is one of the best well done weather apps out. Even if you do not live in Columbia SC, there is information for everyone. Everything works and is up to date. The radar is smooth and can be positioned anywhere in the USA. I use it 2-3 times a day because it is simply so easy and all the informantion is at my finger tips. I love the data positioned in the lower banner which does not interfere with the radar at all. The small ad banner does not concern me at as either. Well done... now if you could just broadcast locally in HD you would be complete.
Good, with room for improvement.
Love the basemap and level of detail as you zoom in. Radar detail is good and it refreshes automatically well. In other words the actual radar portion of this app is great!
Where it could improve is with the layout. Huge banner on the top, huge legend, huge forecast. Also, no iPad "HD" version. This would blow everything else out of the water with a cleaned up interface and an iPad version.
Best Free weather app out there
Love the map with overlays of storm tracks and even earthquakes. Great layout and tons of information. Animated radar with pinch and zoom. Awesome app. Can enter any location as "home" so you don't have to be from Columbia to use it.
- Tegna Inc.
- 37.7 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch.
- English, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © The Weather Company
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.