This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
News-2-You is the weekly newspaper for beginning readers and special needs students. Every week, students can connect with the world through concise symbol-supported news articles, puzzles, games and recipes. The news stories provide stimulating information on reader-friendly topics.
Connect to the world
• Read weekly symbol-supported news
• Stay up-to-date on people, places and sports
• Read downloaded editions without an active internet connection
Optimize for each learner
• Develop literacy skills with 4 reading levels: Simplified, Regular, Higher or Advanced
• Watch words and sentences highlight as they are spoken
• Adjust reading speed for each student
Benefit from Text to Speech
• Download free natural-sounding voices
• Select one of over 38 adult and children’s voices
• Choose between American, Australian, British and Indian English
Use with multiple students
• Create multiple users on one device
• Configure reading level, voice and other settings per student
• Track reading progress per student
Learn by playing
• Complete Sudoku and crossword puzzles
• Review comprehension through enjoyable exercises
• Have fun with the joke and recipe pages
Get single editions or subscribe
• Download and try the app for free
• Use your existing News-2-You subscription for free access
• Purchase single editions or an annual subscription
In-app single editions are priced at $1.99, or at an equivalent price in your local currency.
More information and support material available from www.assistiveware.com/product/news-2-you
What's New in Version 2.1
Version 2.1 of News-2-You includes several security improvements. As part of these improvements we have updated the authentication mechanism in the app and, after downloading this new version, users will be required to re-login to their News-2-You account.
To re-login, please go to Options > General Options - N2Y Account and press the Login button.
This update also includes improvements to existing voices and two new voices: Sharon (US English) and Rhona (Scottish). Both voices can be downloaded for free in the Options > Administrator’s Options > Voice.
Do you have any questions about this update? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jun 22, 2017
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 273 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: AssistiveWare B.V.
- App © 2012-2017 AssistiveWare. News-2-You editions and SymbolStix © 1997-2017 N2Y
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Edition XVIII-39$1.99
- Edition XVI-15$1.99
- Edition XVIII-27$1.99
- Edition XV-39$1.99
- Edition XX-16$1.99
- Edition XVIII-41$1.99
- Edition XVI-24$1.99
- Edition XIX-1$1.99
- Edition XVIII-32$1.99