By Ron Elemans
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
News Explorer is a powerful yet remarkably easy-to-use RSS, JSON, Atom and Twitter newsreader with iCloud based synchronisation between Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Apple TV.
FULL ICLOUD SYNC
• News Explorer syncs your RSS, JSON, Atom and Twitter subscriptions, folder setup, news items, read statuses and favorites across all your Apple devices.
• Synchronisation is based on iCloud, so there is no need to login or to sign up into any other service, it just works out of the box.
• Built-in high speed RSS and Atom engine.
• Supports Twitter user and hashtags timelines.
• Clean, stylish and distraction-free user interface.
• Built-in browser for viewing inline links and other references.
• Themes, adaptable to your taste and mood.
• Adjustable news article font.
• Smart filters
• Read your news offline.
• Use Reader view to download and read the full version of articles in a clean and easy-to-read format.
• Mark items as favorite for later reading.
• Navigate with one click to the original content.
• Reply, retweet and like tweets in Twitter feeds without leaving the app.
• Timeline view shows your news items in an attractive newspaper-like way.
• Full text search.
• Full keyboard navigation.
• Built-in image viewer to browse through all images of news items.
• Built-in support to share news items with Instapaper and Pocket.
• Share news items via email, Messages, Twitter, Facebook and other sharing services.
• Add new RSS, Atom and JSON feeds directly from Safari, using the 'Add to News Explorer' share extension.
• Add RSS and Twitter feeds via the built-in search form.
• Support to add manually RSS, Atom, JSON and Twitter feeds.
• Feed extension support let you open RSS news feed URL’s.
• Group your subscriptions by using folders.
• Rename and reorder folders and subscriptions, using drag-and-drop.
• OPML import and export.
• Assign keyboard shortcuts to sharing services, including Instapaper and Pocket.
• Simply hit the spacebar to open the next article or to scroll the article when needed.
• Global filters let you filter all subscriptions and related news on unread items and favorites.
• Support for enhanced arrow key navigation with auto expand and collapse of the sidebar and the built-in browser.
• With full Touch Bar support you have quick access to all essential functions.
• App icon badge with unread items count.
• Custom storage period for each item status (read, unread and favorite).
• Opened items can be set automatically to read, immediately or after a custom period.
• Set all items within a filter or feed as read with one click, with an option to ask for confirmation above a particular number of unread messages.
• Syncing with iCloud can be disabled, to use only the built-in high speed RSS engine.
STATE OF THE ART
• Supports RSS 2.0, RDF, JSON Feed, ATOM and Twitter news feeds
• Supports feeds with Basic and Digest HTTP Authentication.
• iCloud sync based on CloudKit
• Touch Bar
• Force Touch
• Handoff, pick up where you left off
• Notifications with images
• Retina support
You only need to buy two apps to cover all Apple platforms:
• News Explorer for Mac is available on the Mac App Store.
• News Explorer for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Apple TV is a universal purchase app, available on the App Store of the mentioned devices. Universal purchase allows you to purchase News Explorer once, and then access it on all connected platforms.
SUPPORT AND FEEDBACK
If you have any questions or need support on News Explorer, then browse to https://betamagic.nl/support/newsexplorer/help.html, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or twitter to @elemanssoftware.
Please share your thoughts and ideas about News Explorer with us via email@example.com.
If you like News Explorer then feel free to leave a review or a rating in the App Store, it helps a lot!
What's New in Version 1.7
• Integrated authorization module for the Twitter feed engine
• Integrated support for sharing with Instapaper and Pocket
• Customisable keyboard shortcuts for sharing services
• New 'Mark Above as Read' and 'Mark Below as Read' menu items
• Extension for Safari and other browsers to add feeds to News Explorer
• Added support for fullscreen YouTube playback
• Option to show imageless items in Timeline
• Single key shortcuts to toggle between Read and Unread, and Favorite and Unfavorite.
• New menu item plus keyboard shortcut to toggle between all themes
• Support to move a subscription to another folder via context menu
• Add feed dialog will now also detect and handle Twitter account names and URLs
• The periodical iCloud cleaning is now done on a separate operation queue
• And several bug fixes and countless other small improvements
- Category: News
- Updated: Jul 25, 2017
- Version: 1.7
- Size: 6.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Ron Elemans
- © 2017 Betamagic
Compatibility: macOS 10.12.2 or later, 64-bit processor