News Free - RSS Newspaper Feed Reader
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Read all your favourite news, magazines LIVE and FREE on one app! CNN, Bloomberg, Yahoo, Google News, Fox, NBC, Reuters, Top Gear, CNET; They are all here.
This is a news reader for the astute, the free thinkers. For those of us who don't want to be told what to read and won't settle for one point of view. Unadulterated, up to the second live news. Choose from thousands of sources ranging in topic and locale that suits your interest. Information arranged beautifully in one screen for daily viewing pleasure. No accounts of any type required. Every news directly to your phone with no filtering.
- Super fast loading of up to the second live direct feeds
- No accounts (google, yahoo, etc) of any type required
- Discover new sources, share interesting articles
News App is a new, revolutionary RSS Reader exclusive to IOS. News allows you to easily read ALL your favourite newspapers, magazines, blogs, RSS feeds in a SINGLE screen! All feeds are LIVE, INSTANT, and FREE.
News App will collate news feeds from your selected sources and compile them into one easy to read list. Articles are presented quickly and beautifully. Some people say it feels like reading a real newspaper!
We've got news from around the world for you to choose from including CNN, BBC, CNBC, NYTimes, USAToday. There's magazines from Bloomberg and Reuters to Top Gear and Mashable.
You can tag your favourite feeds and be alerted via push notification when news alerts are updated.
You can even share interesting articles you like to Twitter or Facebook with one tap! Email to your friends or interest groups instantly. You can even discuss news with your friends or the general public.
You don't need a google account, or any type of pre existing RSS account to use this RSS reader. The user interface is super easy, there's only one button to press to add your favourite newspapers and magazines!
Unlike apps such as Flipboard or Pulse that try to make you read from certain publishers; we give you the choice to subscribe to any publisher that publishes a public RSS Feed. We don't try and guess what articles your interested in. You get to choose it yourself within a few taps and then your away reading only your selected feeds!
Stop loading up multiple web sites and apps manually. Save many minutes a day, and save unnecessary stress by using this one great App to read ALL your news!
See: http://www.newsrific.com for details!
What's New in Version 3.9
-= v3.9 =-
- Bugfix and performance improvements for iOS 7 and earlier devices
-= v3.8 =-
- Apple Watch Update
- Slightly increased preview photo sizes
- Fixed UI Scroll glitch
- Flattened background colour
-= v3.7 =-
- Improved scrolling speed
- Added swipe gestures
- Fixed crash bugs
- Added auto minimisation of navigation bar on scroll
-= v3.6 =-
- iOS 8 Compatibility
- iPhone 6 and 6 plus support
- Fixed iPad title display issue
-= v3.3 =-
- Fixed crash bug when selecting articles in iPad landscape mode
-= v3.2 =-
- Fixed support for iOS 6.1.4
- Implemented Dynamic Font
-= v3.1 =-
- Improved loading speed of preview
- Fixed bugs causing crashes
- Fixed scroll indicator display with category bar
- Fixed category bar loading
- Improved loading speed
- Fixed scroll to top gesture
-= v3.0 =-
- Critical memory leak bugfix causing crash
-= v2.9 =-
- Added WeiBo social sharing options
- Added WeChat social sharing options
- Fixed slowdown issue on older devices
-= v2.8 =-
- Fixed multiline display issue
- Fixed compatibility with iOS 5 and 6
- Fixed a crash caused by multithreading
-= v2.7 =-
- iOS 7 user interface update
- Improved speed
-= v2.6 =-
- Improved news feed loading speed
- Removed udid references
- Improved facebook login
-= v2.5 =-
- Added support to open feeds directly from safari in iOS 6
-= v2.4 =-
- Minor bugfixes
-= v2.3 =-
- iOS6 support
- improved loading indication
-= v2.2 =-
- Stability improvements
-= v2.1 =-
- iPhone 5 full screen support
- improved loading speed
- fixed minor bugs
Not all that
This app falls short in a lot of important ways. You can't vote up/down stories that it feeds you, so it's not going to learn the difference between what you want and what you want to avoid. If you choose to follow a site, you're going to get anything that the site has published. There's no telling what that could be. Another thing is that there is no opening of a site in your browser, without some clever cutting/pasting. Plan to email yourself a link? It's HTML, so you're not going to get your link that way. Also, if you're in a page that doesn't have its name visible at the top, then get ready to go back to find it, because this app doesn't even think about letting you see a site domain. And the only swiping the app understands is "go back", so don't plan on any other swipe controls. By the way, if you're expecting settings, then look elsewhere, because if they're in the app, then I can't find them. This is strictly bare bones, in my opinion.
Needs a better share function
News is a flexible, lightweight news reader that is ideal for someone looking to follow offbeat news sources. The notifications are especially nice. The big feature it lacks, though, is the standard iOS share function, allowing you to save articles to sources like Evernote, Pocket or other apps you might use to save or keep track of articles. Adding this would be a major enhancement.
Not working with Apple's new IOS 9.0
Was Very happy with app until the recent apple update to iOS 9.0. Now I am unable to access the news. I feel the app is great because it allows one to get news from different newspapers around the world in their original language. Please fix it soon.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: News
- Updated: Sep 18, 2015
- Version: 3.9
- Size: 17.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Savy Soda HK Limited
- © SavySoda
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.