By NewsBlur, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NewsBlur is a personal news reader bringing people together to talk about the world. A new sound of an old instrument.
→ Read an unlimited number of RSS subscriptions
→ Offline support for stories and images
→ Gestures and long presses for feeds and stories
→ Share and comment on the news with friends
→ Meet new people who share the same interests
→ Built for iOS 7+
→ Collapsible folders
→ Saved stories
→ Mark stories as unread
→ Read by oldest/newest first
→ Filter by unread/all stories
→ Send to Instapaper/Pocket/email/etc
What's New in Version 5.0.1
Version 5.0.1 fixes crashes on iOS 8.4 and on iOS 9.1.
Holy geez, this is a whopper of a release. Lots of new features, fixes for some long standing issues, and major performance improvements for reading stories.
- The app has been iOS 9-ified.
- The iOS app now has the same great fonts from the web: Whitney, Gotham Narrow, and Chronicle. These each look fantastic.
- The Text view is now sticky based on the last view you used. It's per feed but it also respects individual feeds when reading by folder. This is unlike the web, where the Text view matches the feed or folder. Now it's sticky to the feed, which makes it much easier to read through a folder of stories.
- When switching between the Text view and Story view, the loading indicator is now at the bottom of the screen instead of directly on top of the story.
- Stories now remember your last scroll position. When you go back to a story, you are taken back to the same place you left off.
- New Safari-based browser for the original story. These views are faster and support content blockers on iOS 9 and use your browser's cookies. However, they look like Safari and not NewsBlur, so the default in-app browser is the original browser. The new in-app Safari browser is a preference, along with Chrome, Opera, and the full Safari app.
- A new option to mark stories as read when they are scrolled past. Defaults to off.
- Sending stories to third-party services now uses full Text if available. Useful for storing full story text in Evernote or Pocket.
- Comment-less shares are now supported, allowing you to reply to shared stories that have no comment.
- The feed trainer now shows trained titles.
- iPad Pro is now supported.
- Date and times of stories now uses the system locale, so everybody who isn't in the U.S. will see dates as they should be.
- 3D Touch actions: Add site, all site stories, search stories.
- Voiceover support.
- iOS 8 is the minimum supported version for this release.
Hot dog that's a lot in one release. Version 5.0 is now ready for you.
UPDATE it's fixed - Latest Update causes crashing when opening
Update today has fixed the crashing problem and I wanted to give them credit for it.
This is an app I use daily and frankly several times a day. I am very disappointed that when I updated today to find out that it crashes every time I try to open it and I have tried all of the usual troubleshooting tips.
Love, love, love newsblur
I came from other apps and can't believe I didn't hear of newsblur sooner. My friends were sharing stories on Twitter and I'm so glad I happened to see it. Now we can share stories with each other and it's kind of the best.
Essential app for power user!
New update makes this great app even better. I would like to see a dark theme in future version
- Category: News
- Updated: Nov 20, 2015
- Version: 5.0.1
- Size: 7.1 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish
- Seller: NewsBlur, Inc.
- © 2015 NewsBlur, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.