NewsBlur is a personal news reader bringing people together to talk about the world. A new sound of an old instrument.
NewsBlur is popular for a reason. While also being the oldest surviving RSS news reader, it is used by many news organizations, popular blogs, editors, and individual readers to keep up with the world.
* Read an unlimited number of RSS subscriptions
* Offline support for stories and images
* Full text extracts the whole story and is sticky per-feed
* Gestures and long presses for feeds and stories
* Share and comment on the news with friends
* Meet new people who share the same interests
* Built for iOS 11
* Collapsible folders
* Saved stories with tagging
* Mark stories as unread
* Read by oldest/newest first
* Filter by unread/all stories
* Search for stories by feed or folder
* Send to Facebook/Twitter/Instapaper/Pocket/Evernote/email/etc
* Landscape view
* Customizable offline sync settings
You can also optionally subscribe with a NewsBlur Premium Subscription
* Subscribe to an unlimited number of sites
* Sites you subscribe to are updated up to 10x more often
* Read by folder with the river of news
* Search sites and folders
* Save stories with searchable tags
* Privacy options for your blurblog (shared stories)
* Custom RSS feeds for folders and saved stories
* Use the Text view which conveniently extracts the full original story
The subscription is auto-renewable which means that once purchased it will be auto-renewed every year until you cancel it 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Duration of the subscription is 1 year. Your iTunes Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Manage your Subscription and Auto-Renewal by going to your Account Settings.
This is a huge release and it's got a lot of new features packed in it. I also want to welcome David Sinclair back to the team. He's the builder behind all the incredible features in this release. Really wonderful having you back, David, and thanks for making v8.0 of the best news reader on a phone.
Here's what's new:
- NEW: Save stories offline
- NEW: Share stories from other apps into NewsBlur with the new share extension
- NEW: Scroll vertically between stories (can be turned on while reading a story)
- NEW: 3D Touch links in stories to preview them
- NEW: search for sites directly from the feed list
- Switching themes no longer reloads the story
- iOS 12 compatibility fixes
- Upgrading to a premium subscription now handles App Store payment updates
- Fixed issue where locking the device while playing a video over Airplay would stop the video
Ratings and Reviews
Great RSS reader with free push notifications!
NewsBlur is a great RSS reader. I like it better than Feedly because free push notifications are included. I read a paid IFTTT subscription is necessary for Feedly push notifications. The free push notifications in NewsBlur don’t show the full text of the article but the notification of a new article from any RSS feed is an awesome feature! The premium version gives better push notification options.
Lame Freemium Model
App is generally fairly solid, does RSS about as well as could be expected. However, you must upgrade to a “premium tier” in order to view full article text which effectively makes the app useless for free-tier users. Uninstalled.
Not worth 30 dollars a year
I mainly use it to get all of the rss feeds and since you can’t view the full article without paying I just go to fiery feeds and get access to the full articles that way.
- NewsBlur, Inc.
- 24.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 NewsBlur, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- NewsBlur Premium Subscription $35.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.