WTVF NewsChannel 5 in Nashville delivers relevant local, community and national news, including up-to-the minute weather information, breaking news, and alerts throughout the day.
When you open our app, you’ll know what’s going on right now and what’s important to your local area.
We've improved the experience with an intuitive layout and simplified navigation. News, weather and video are just a tap away.
Our favorite feature is the weather section. Not only do we deliver hourly and daily forecasts, we give you the most updated severe weather information in an instant.
• Breaking news alerts and stories
• Brand new weather section, with hourly and daily forecasts
• Live streaming video
• Fast and easy to use
• We are excited to offer a Premium ad-free experience for purchase within the app for $1.99/month or $10.99/year. The subscription removes all in-app ads, including pre-roll video. Linked content displayed in a web-view is not included. Thanks for supporting local journalism!
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
We're committed to continually improving our user experience, so please let us know how we're doing by leaving a review in the App Store.
• We fixed a bug that caused Twitter embeds in stories to not load correctly.
• Additional bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Only One Thing to Improve
I love News Channel 5! In twenty two years, I have seen only one story that was poorly handled. That one piece was based on a parent's account of a school employee mistreating her child. The person she accused is one of the three most amazing teachers I have worked with in my forty-seven years.
Other than that situation, you are on point! You approach us openly, professionally, and in the most confidential manner possible. Many of you are aware that a number of us are occasionally physically and verbally assaulted by children, as was the person covered in the referenced story, usually students whom we recognized as needing a great deal of help. We always tried very hard to involve the families, the school, and outside professionals, as well. After all, as you know, every child deserves a proactive TEAM approach...socially, emotionally, and academically!
Channel 5 news
I started watching Channel 5 News in 1988 when my husband was stationed at Fort Campbell. I feel like you all are part of our family. I start every morning and every evening with you all. Often I depend on the internet when I can’t see it on TV for some reason. God bless you all!
Channel 5 News App.
It is fast loading with a well thought out page that gives you all the latest news in a very easy page to find it.
- Journal Broadcast Group
- 64.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Spanish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © The E.W. Scripps Company
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Subscription - Monthly $1.99
- Premium Subscription - Annual $10.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.