Newsela Student supercharges learning in every subject.
It starts with engaging articles on any topic you can think of—each available at 5 reading levels. Articles come with activities to help students take a deeper dive into the content.
As students read and take quizzes, the Newsela app adjusts the reading level to keep articles challenging and engaging. Plus, students can keep track of their improvement over time automatically.
Here’s what students can do with the Newsela app:
- Browse and search our entire library of leveled articles
- Easily organize and view assignments
- Adjust the reading level with a simple two-finger swipe
- Annotate, take quizzes, and submit Write responses both online and offline
- Track and view progress in real time
- Get informed of breaking stories and new assignments with notifications
- Encounter and practice vocabulary words with Power Words (for students with access)
Note for Teachers and Parents:
Newsela Student no longer works with Teacher and Parent accounts. To view the app, you must sign in with a Student account. You can also access your Teacher or Parent account with a web browser like Safari.
Today, more than 10 million learners are using Newsela to become better readers and learners.
If you love Newsela, share the app and write a review!
Our mission is to unlock the written word for everyone. Newsela is an Instructional Content Platform that brings together engaging, accessible content with integrated assessments and insights. The result is more engaged readers—and engaged readers are better learners.
• Students can now sign in via Clever directly in the app using the "Clever" button on the sign in screen.
• The two-finger level change gesture is now more forgiving, allowing students to scroll with two fingers.
• Students can turn off the two finger level change gesture in the Settings screen under "App Settings."
• Updated to the latest iOS 12 SDK and deprecated support for iOS 9 and 10.
• Various bug fixes and performance enhancements.
• UPDATE: The Newsela app is now Newsela Student, with a new experience just for students. Teachers and parents can no longer sign in to the app. To access Newsela, they should visit our website from a browser or create a new account as a student.
Ratings and Reviews
Great educational experience.
I hate New Zella
I hate you guys
It is a great school restore and a good way for children to hear the news
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.