Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Newsela supercharges learning in every subject.
It starts with interesting articles about tons of topics—each available at 5 reading levels. Assessments are included with the articles to help readers engage with the content.
As students read and take quizzes, the Newsela app adjusts the reading level to keep articles challenging and engaging. Plus, students can keep track of their improvement over time automatically.
Our favorite features:
- Browse and search our entire library of leveled articles both online or offline.
- Adjust the reading level with a simple two-finger swipe.
- Annotate, take quizzes, and submit Write responses both online or offline.
- Track and view progress in real-time.
- Get informed of breaking stories and new assignments with notifications.
If you are a teacher, you can also:
- View and create assignments
- Check aggregate class performance in the Binder
Today, more than 5 million learners are using Newsela to become better readers.
If you love Newsela, share the app and write a review!
Our mission is to unlock the written word for everyone. Newsela is an Instructional Content Platform that brings together engaging, accessible content with integrated assessments and insights. The result is more engaged readers—and engaged readers are better learners.
Newsela Website: http://www.newsela.com
What's New in Version 1.8.0
• Now students can annotate articles from the app! Simply select the text and tap annotate.
• Google users can once again sign in using their Google credentials.
• Various bug fixes and performance enhancements
Fabulous tool, but....
This is an amazing classroom tool, and it really helps me to build articles of the week for my students, but the variety of articles is a little lackluster. I am attempting a social justice curriculum this year and I am finding it challenging to locate articles which tie nicely to my themes. I wish the keyword searches were a little more on point than they are, and that the variety of articles was much improved. I will say that when I used this app and website last year under a STEM curriculum it was AMAZING, but I think that the developers need to up the kinds of curriculums that could be reached. Maybe they could add a feature that lets you narrow based upon common curricular themes?
Cannot rate high enough
This app has engaged my son in reading. Without it I don't know if he would be interested like he is in reading. Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!
Pretty friggin cool update. Love the differentiation. Huge help that my kiddos can annotate. Not having any problems with freezing or crashing that another reviewer mentioned.