Newsify: Your News, Blog & RSS Feed Reader
By Ben Alexander
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Read and share your favorite websites and blogs with an amazing newspaper-like layout.
Featured by Apple as "New and Noteworthy" and "What's Hot" in over 100 countries!
• All of your news, blogs and RSS feeds in one free reader app!
• Sync with Feedly or use without an account and sync with iCloud
• Newspaper-like article list and traditional table list available (thumbnails displayed when available)
• Background syncing with notifications (requires iOS 7 or later)
• Offline reading including image caching
• View and save images by tapping-and-holding image
• Night mode (automatic/manual, enabled in settings)
• Themes (light, sepia, gray)
• Article search (pull down subscription list for search bar)
• Multiple accounts
• Full screen article reading (tap text to toggle)
• Full screen original web page browser (two finger tap to toggle)
• Pull to move between articles
• Pull to refresh article list
• Show only unread folders/subscriptions or all
• Show all articles or just unread
• Sort by newest or oldest first
• Mark previous & all as read
• Tap-and-hold to mark read and toggle starred
• Option to mark read while scrolling & pull up to mark all as read (enable in settings)
• Landscape view
• Fully customizable sync
• Add and edit subscriptions
• Add custom feed URLs (enter URLs in feed search box and tap Search)
• Automatically sync on start
• Share articles with many popular services: Facebook, Twitter, Buffer, Delicious, Evernote, Google+, Instapaper, LinkedIn, Pinboard, Pinterest, Pocket, Readability and Tumblr
• Email articles or links, copy links or open the original web page in the app or in Safari or Chrome
• View original articles with Instapaper, Readability and Google mobilizers
• Browse individual subscriptions contained in a folder (tap-and-hold folders or tap gray circle icon on right side of folder entry)
What's New in Version 3.6
• Added separate Swipe Left and Tap-and-Hold action settings for read and unread items under Advanced settings
• Added Force Full Re-sync option under Sync Settings. This can be useful if any unread counts are incorrect.
• Fixed a bug leading to incorrect unread counts when unstarring unread items (use Force Full Re-sync under Sync Settings to reset unread counts)
• Fixed swipe from edge not working in full screen mode
• Additional bug fixes and improvements
If you enjoy using Newsify, please consider rating it after each update. This helps us out a lot. Thanks for your support!
Great replacement for Pulse
I was forced to finally look at alternatives to my beloved Pulse after LinkedIn bought and ruined that app. Newsify is FANTASTIC. A ton of options for the interface and for syncing, and when used in conjunction with Feedly, perfect cloud syncing of categories and feeds. The in-app browser is better than most. Landscape orientation works great. This app is the best reader I've found.
Years later, this app is the very first app I download to new devices. It is the one app I used every single day and look forward to. They are constantly adding new features and tweaks, and they were quick out of the gates with iPhone 6+ support.
One request: can we have the option to set per-category or per-feed sync settings? I'd love to be able to limit the amount of articles certain feeds retrieve, while allowing others to sync further back.
Just discovered Newsify - I love it!!
The best news reader I've tried, I'm loving this app...and I've recently downloaded and tried quite a few others after the recent Pulse updates that now force you to log in to use it.
I'm actually extremely happy that happened now, because I found this app. Tons of options for customization, I LOVE the way my feeds are laid out in the newspaper view! Awesome app guys. Really well done.
My only issue at the moment is some feeds don't seem to go into a folder when I assign a feed to a folder, but it's a small issue considering the polish and features of the app.
Great app, but memory hog
I switched from Pulse and I'm generally glad I did. But my biggest issue is the sheer amount of space this app takes up. Nearly 2 GB! I looked at my usage settings and couldn't believe it. iOS keeps complaining I'm running out of space. Not even the Apple Podcast app takes up as much memory. How can it take up this much memory when it keeps deleting older articles from view, which is itself annoying?! Not to mention the lag I experience at times.
Update (1 star):
I've deleted the app since my original review a few days ago. I started by deleting a bunch of feeds, but somehow the memory requirement ballooned past 2 GB immediately afterwards, which is when I realized it was time to bail. Farewell, Newsify. You served me well. For a time.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jan 26, 2015
- Version: 3.6
- Size: 14.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Ben Alexander
- © 2014 Ben Alexander
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ad Banner$2.99