Newsify: Your News, Blog & RSS Feed Reader
By Ben Alexander
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Read and share your favorite websites and blogs with an amazing newspaper-like layout.
Featured by Apple as "New and Noteworthy" and "What's Hot" in over 100 countries!
• All of your news, blogs and RSS feeds in one free reader app!
• Sync with Feedly or use without an account and sync with iCloud
• Newspaper-like article list and traditional table list available (thumbnails displayed when available)
• Background syncing with notifications (requires iOS 7 or later)
• Offline reading including image caching
• View and save images by tapping-and-holding image
• Night mode (automatic/manual, enabled in settings)
• Themes (light, sepia, gray)
• In-app Safari view (see Safari Open Action setting under Article Browser)
• Readability view (pinch out in the article view or enable swipe in Article Browser settings)
• Article search (pull down subscription list for search bar)
• Multiple accounts
• Full screen article reading (tap text to toggle)
• Full screen original web page browser (two finger tap to toggle)
• Pull to move between articles
• Pull to refresh article list
• Show only unread folders/subscriptions or all
• Show all articles or just unread
• Sort by newest or oldest first
• Mark previous & all as read
• Tap-and-hold to mark read and toggle starred
• Option to mark read while scrolling & pull up to mark all as read (enable in settings)
• Landscape view
• Fully customizable sync
• Add and edit subscriptions
• Add custom feed URLs (enter URLs in feed search box and tap Search)
• Automatically sync on start
• Share articles with many popular services: Facebook, Twitter, Buffer, Delicious, Evernote, Google+, Instapaper, LinkedIn, Pinboard, Pinterest, Pocket, Readability and Tumblr
• Email articles or links, copy links or open the original web page in the app or in Safari or Chrome
• View original articles with Readability and Google mobilizers
• Browse individual subscriptions contained in a folder (tap-and-hold folders or tap gray circle icon on right side of folder entry)
GET MORE WITH NEWSIFY PREMIUM
Newsify is free to download and use. Newsify Premium unlocks these amazing features. Try it free for 7 days!
• Automatic Full Text: Get full text automatically for most partial feeds and save for offline reading
• More Images: Get more high-res images for feeds with small or no images
• Search Full Text: Search the full text of partial feeds not just the preview
• Priority Support: Be first in line to get all of your questions answered
→ To start your trial: Select Premium in settings and tap "Start free trial"
What's New in Version 4.3
• 3D Touch support (requires iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus)
-App Icon: quick access to your first 3 feeds or folders or all unread items
-Article List: press articles to show a preview of the article (swipe up for actions) or change 3D Touch Action setting under Article/Subscription List for more options
-Article/Web Browser: press links to show a preview
• Added Open in Safari & Chrome options to Open Items setting (see Safari Open Action setting under Article/Subscription List, requires iOS 9)
• iPad Pro support
• Additional bug fixes and improvements
If you enjoy using Newsify, please consider rating it after each update. This helps us out a lot. Thanks for your support!
Best RSS reader. Period.
I've been using Newsify ever since Google Reader shutdown. It's been on my home screen ever since I first downloaded it, and I open it daily. It has never crashed or given me any problems, and it has a beautiful interface that's clean and easy to read. It also has a ton of settings that you can change to make it function to your liking. The best part is that it's free with ads, which other RSS readers don't offer. The $2.99 IAP option to remove the ads is definitely worth it considering Reeder and Unread are $4.99.
- Find/search feature when reading an article so you can search for a specific word.
- Setting to disable Starred Items (I never star anything, so it just takes up screen space).
I found this app quite by accident after being dumped by google reader several years ago and suffering with the feedlot app ever since. This app gets everything right that I kept waiting for feedlot to get right. I tried Newsify one time and could not believe I hadn't known about it before. I gave myself a week to try it out before I called feedly app DOA. Didn't even take that long to convince me. That was about a month or so ago and I haven't regretted switching to Newsify once. I still haven't really found anything I miss from feedly or Google Reader. Does everything I want and then some. Highly configurable, which to me is an asset, some may find it confusing - but I doubt it. Just stick with the defaults if too many choices overwhelms you.
Best RSS reader by far! (RIP Pulse)
My news reader is the app that I use the most. The capability to find, organize and present my news feeds in a simple, efficient and attractive manner is what I was looking for when Pulse went south. After trying several readers, Newsify came out on top by far. It has all the tools from curation of the feeds to saving and sharing articles. One request if possible: when you open an article, sometimes the video starts playing automatically (CNN almost always). This is annoying when I am reading in bed or on an airplane. If this can be controlled it would be great to have an option to never start video automatically. Thanks!
- Category: News
- Updated: Nov 05, 2015
- Version: 4.3
- Size: 17.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Ben Alexander
- © 2012-2015 Ben Alexander
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ad Banner$2.99
- Newsify Premium (1 month)$2.99
- Newsify Premium (1 year)$29.99
- Newsify Premium (3 months)$8.99