Newsify: Your News, Blog & RSS Feed Reader
By Ben Alexander
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Read and share your favorite websites and blogs with an amazing newspaper-like layout.
Featured by Apple as "New and Noteworthy" and "What's Hot" in over 100 countries!
• All of your news, blogs and RSS feeds in one free reader app!
• Sync with Feedly or use without an account and sync with iCloud
• Newspaper-like article list and traditional table list available (thumbnails displayed when available)
• Background syncing with notifications
• Offline reading including image caching
• View and save images by tapping-and-holding image
• Night mode (automatic/manual, enabled in settings)
• Themes (light, sepia, gray)
• In-app Safari view (see Open Links setting)
• Readability view (pinch out in the article view or enable swipe in Article Browser settings)
• Article search (pull down subscription list for search bar)
• Multiple accounts
• Full screen article reading (tap text to toggle)
• Full screen original web page browser (two finger tap to toggle)
• Pull to move between articles
• Pull to refresh article list
• Show only unread folders/subscriptions or all
• Show all articles or just unread
• Sort by newest or oldest first
• Mark previous & all as read
• Tap-and-hold to mark read and toggle starred
• Option to mark read while scrolling & pull up to mark all as read (enable in settings)
• Landscape view
• Fully customizable sync
• Add and edit subscriptions
• Add custom feed URLs (enter URLs in feed search box and tap Search)
• Automatically sync on start
• Share articles with many popular services: Facebook, Twitter, Buffer, Delicious, Evernote, Google+, Instapaper, LinkedIn, Pinboard, Pinterest, Pocket, Readability and Tumblr
• Email articles or links, copy links or open the original web page in the app or in Safari or Chrome
• View original articles with Readability and Google mobilizers
• Browse individual subscriptions contained in a folder (tap-and-hold folders or tap gray circle icon on right side of folder entry)
GET MORE WITH NEWSIFY PREMIUM
Newsify is free to download and use. Newsify Premium unlocks these amazing features. Try it free for 7 days!
• Automatic Full Text: Get full text automatically for most partial feeds and save for offline reading
• More Images: Get more high-res images for feeds with small or no images
• Search Full Text: Search the full text of partial feeds not just the preview
• Priority Support: Be first in line to get all of your questions answered
– To start your trial: Select Premium in settings and tap "Start free trial"
What's New in Version 4.5
• Added in-app Safari View options to Open Links setting (requires iOS 9)
• Added Download Images on Wi-Fi only setting under Article Browser - when enabled, image downloading in the article browser (not web browser) will be disabled when not on Wi-Fi. To disable thumbnail loading in the article list, change Show Thumbnails to Off.
• iOS 10 beta compatibility
• Additional bug fixes and improvements
If you enjoy using Newsify, please consider rating it after each update. This helps us out a lot. Thanks for your support!
Freedom of information lives
This is by far the most complete RSS news feed reader I have found. I have tested a number of the other RSS feed readers, and have been looking for several years. I tried Apple's News app, Flipboard, along with many other news specific news and RSS apps, but they all have their drawbacks and limitations, specifically when it comes to news sources. Newsify has a huge set of options personalize your reading experience along with integration with a number of other popular reading apps such as Pocket and Readability (and many more) to make your reading experience complete. If you're looking and alternative to Twitter, Facebook, Apple's News, Flipboard, and the other established and but narrowly focused news source-based apps, then this is the app for you. And, if you're looking to bring back to pure nature of the Internet instead of funneling the Internet through a handful of major company products like Twitter and Facebook, this app is for you.
Best RSS reader by far!
My news reader is the app that I use the most. The capability to find, organize and present my news feeds in a simple, efficient and attractive manner is what I was looking for when Pulse went south. After trying several readers, Newsify came out on top by far. It has all the tools from curation of the feeds to saving and sharing articles. One request if possible: when you open an article, sometimes the video starts playing automatically (CNN almost always). This is annoying when I am reading in bed or on an airplane. If this can be controlled it would be great to have an option to never start video automatically. Thanks!
Best RSS reader app
This app does everything right, including displaying Readability versions of articles, quickly. This puts it above Unread (which half the time can't display the Readability version), and Ziner (which crashes when sharing to Facebook). Newsify even saves your place in your feed, so that you come back to the same article even after leaving the app for a while.
The only improvement I'd suggest is a setting so that touch-and-hold on an image brings up the IOS share sheet immediately.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jul 07, 2016
- Version: 4.5
- Size: 25.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Ben Alexander
- © 2012-2016 Ben Alexander
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$2.99
- Newsify Premium (1 month)$2.99
- Newsify Premium (1 year)$29.99
- Newsify Premium (3 months)$8.99