Newsify: Your News, Blog & RSS Feed Reader
By Ben Alexander
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Read and share your favorite websites and blogs with an amazing newspaper-like layout.
Featured by Apple as "New and Noteworthy" and "What's Hot" in over 100 countries!
• All of your news, blogs and RSS feeds in one free reader app!
• Sync with Feedly or use without an account and sync with iCloud
• Newspaper-like article list and traditional table list available (thumbnails displayed when available)
• Background syncing with notifications (requires iOS 7 or later)
• Offline reading including image caching
• View and save images by tapping-and-holding image
• Night mode (automatic/manual, enabled in settings)
• Themes (light, sepia, gray)
• Readability view (pinch out in the article view or enable swipe in Advanced settings)
• Article search (pull down subscription list for search bar)
• Multiple accounts
• Full screen article reading (tap text to toggle)
• Full screen original web page browser (two finger tap to toggle)
• Pull to move between articles
• Pull to refresh article list
• Show only unread folders/subscriptions or all
• Show all articles or just unread
• Sort by newest or oldest first
• Mark previous & all as read
• Tap-and-hold to mark read and toggle starred
• Option to mark read while scrolling & pull up to mark all as read (enable in settings)
• Landscape view
• Fully customizable sync
• Add and edit subscriptions
• Add custom feed URLs (enter URLs in feed search box and tap Search)
• Automatically sync on start
• Share articles with many popular services: Facebook, Twitter, Buffer, Delicious, Evernote, Google+, Instapaper, LinkedIn, Pinboard, Pinterest, Pocket, Readability and Tumblr
• Email articles or links, copy links or open the original web page in the app or in Safari or Chrome
• View original articles with Instapaper, Readability and Google mobilizers
• Browse individual subscriptions contained in a folder (tap-and-hold folders or tap gray circle icon on right side of folder entry)
GET MORE WITH NEWSIFY PREMIUM
Newsify is free to download and use. Newsify Premium unlocks these amazing features. Try it free for 7 days!
• Automatic Full Text: Get full text automatically for most partial feeds and save for offline reading
• More Images: Get more high-res images for feeds with small or no images
• Search Full Text: Search the full text of partial feeds not just the preview
• Priority Support: Be first in line to get all of your questions answered
→ To start your trial: Select Premium in settings and tap "Start free trial"
What's New in Version 4.2
• iOS 9 and watchOS 2 support
• iPad multitasking support (requires iOS 9 and iPad Air or later, iPad mini 2 or later)
• Added San Francisco font option for Article Font and Summary Font settings
• Added Safari Open Action setting to allow using Safari without leaving the app (requires iOS 9, under Article Browser)
• Added Open in Safari, Open in Chrome options to Left/Right Swipe setting (under Article Browser)
• Added setting to disable pull to move next/previous (under Article Browser)
• Additional bug fixes and improvements
If you enjoy using Newsify, please consider rating it after each update. This helps us out a lot. Thanks for your support!
What's this premium crap?
UPDATE: Once again, my favorite RSS reader takes a giant step backwards. I paid for this app once, but I guess that's not enough. So the developer has come up with a way to milk me for a monthly fee. What crap! I guess we all have to eat, but this just seems like greed. No thanks.
UPDATE: Today, Newsify decided to delete my account and now I've lost track of hundreds of articles I had starred. Infinite sadness. So much lost.
PREVIOUS REVIEW: I don't know what's going on but now this app is crashing all the time, won't sync and won't load articles. This is new behavior for this app. No other app is showing the same problem. Restarting my iPad didn't fix the problem. Something is messed up.
Best RSS reader. Period.
I've been using Newsify ever since Google Reader shutdown. It's been on my home screen since I downloaded it, and I use it daily. It has never crashed or given me any problems, and it has a beautiful interface that's clean and easy to read. It also has a ton of settings that you can change to make it function to your liking. The best part is that it's free with ads, which other RSS readers don't offer. The $2.99 IAP option to remove the ads is definitely worth it considering Reeder and Unread are $4.99.
- Find/search feature when reading an article so you can search for a specific word.
- Setting to disable Starred Items (I never star anything, so it just takes up screen space).
- Setting for globe button to Open Safari (in-app).
Still can’t open articles directly into Safari
Despite the claims in the update notes, Newsify still doesn’t let you open articles in Safari directly.
When you’re scanning a list of headlines, Newsify requires you to first open the full article text in the Newsify internal web browser (“Original page”) or via one of the “mobilizer” options (Google, Readability, or Instapaper).
The “mobilizer” apps open very slowly (on a new iPone 6s) and the “original page” option exposes you to all the scripts, text-blocking popups, and other junk that Safari can now filter out. Not being able to go from article headline directly to the article text in Safari just makes Newsify too cumbersome to bother with.
This is all easily fixed: the Newsify setting for “Open Links” must be updated to allow Safari (external) and Safari (in-app) as options. Until then it’s a one-star app.
- Category: News
- Updated: Sep 28, 2015
- Version: 4.2
- Size: 17.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Ben Alexander
- © 2014 Ben Alexander
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ad Banner$2.99
- Newsify Premium (1 month)$2.99
- Newsify Premium (1 year)$29.99
- Newsify Premium (3 months)$8.99