Newsify RSS Reader
By Ben Alexander
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Read and share your favorite websites and blogs with an amazing newspaper-like layout.
Featured by Apple as "New and Noteworthy" and "What's Hot" in over 100 countries!
• All of your news, blogs and RSS feeds in one free reader app!
• Sync with Feedly or Newsify or use without an account and sync with iCloud
• Access Newsify on your computer at newsify.co (requires Newsify account)
• Newspaper-like article list and traditional table list available (thumbnails displayed when available)
• Background syncing with notifications
• Offline reading including image caching
• Unread articles widget (requires iOS 10)
• View and save images by tapping-and-holding image
• Night mode (automatic/manual, enabled in settings)
• Themes (light, sepia, gray)
• In-app Safari view (see Open Links setting)
• Full-text view (pinch out in the article view or enable swipe in Article Browser settings)
• Article search (pull down subscription list for search bar)
• Multiple accounts
• Full screen article reading (tap text to toggle)
• Full screen original web page browser (two finger tap to toggle)
• Pull to move between articles
• Pull to refresh article list
• Show only unread folders/subscriptions or all
• Show all articles or just unread
• Sort by newest or oldest first
• Mark previous & all as read
• Tap-and-hold to mark read and toggle starred
• Option to mark read while scrolling & pull up to mark all as read (enable in settings)
• Landscape view
• Fully customizable sync
• Add and edit subscriptions
• Add custom feed URLs (enter URLs in feed search box and tap Search)
• Automatically sync on start
• Share articles with many popular services: Facebook, Twitter, Buffer, Delicious, Evernote, Google+, Instapaper, LinkedIn, Pinboard, Pinterest, Pocket and Tumblr
• Email articles or links, copy links or open the original web page in the app or in Safari or Chrome
• View original articles with Google mobilizer
• Browse individual subscriptions contained in a folder (tap-and-hold folders or tap gray circle icon on right side of folder entry)
GET MORE WITH NEWSIFY PREMIUM
Newsify is free to download and use. Newsify Premium unlocks these amazing features. Try it free for 7 days!
• Automatic Full Text: Get full text automatically for most partial feeds and save for offline reading
• More Images: Get more high-res images for feeds with small or no images
• Search Full Text: Search the full text of partial feeds not just the preview
• Priority Support: Be first in line to get all of your questions answered
– To start your trial: Select Premium in settings and tap "Start free trial"
Newsify Premium is $2.99 USD per month or $29.99 USD per year and may vary depending on your location. If you choose to purchase Newsify Premium, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase.
What's New in Version 4.9
• New app icon
• iOS 11 and watchOS 4 support
• Added button under Premium Settings to force sync premium status with web version
• Additional bug fixes and improvements
Very good app, but has rotten subscription pricing for some features
Very good news reader. Easy to quickly read headlines. Pull up to mark all as read. Intuitive gestures. Very customizable. It's not perfect-- you can't swipe back out of the Safari view, for instance.
Two stars deducted for the subscription based requirement to get full text at times (and other features that should not cost $30/year). I am ok with paying a flat fee, and have already done this, so the subscription requirement is like getting charged more than twice.
Don’t fix what’s not broken
RSS feeds typically feel old and outdated, I loved this one because it reads like a newspaper and the icon felt fresh and unique. I literally liked seeing it on my home screen. Why on earth did you change this logo to the most generic looking stock app art on earth? I’m still using the app, but I’m hiding its dinosaurs icon deep inside some folder.
Ironically your old icon looked way ahead of its time given apples redesigned icon updates today. Hindsight’s 20/20 I guess.
The best RSS reader on iOS
Ever since Google Reader shutdown in 2013, I have had Newsify on my home screen and checked it daily. I use it with a Feedly account to sync all my RSS feeds with my Windows laptop. The number of customizations in the Newsify’s settings menu is amazing. You can make it behave exactly how you want it to.
Please bring back the white app icon!
- Category: News
- Updated: Sep 18, 2017
- Version: 4.9
- Size: 62.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Ben Alexander
- © 2012-2017 Ben Alexander
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$2.99
- Newsify Premium$2.99
- Newsify Premium (1 month)$2.99
- Newsify Premium (1 year)$29.99
- Newsify Premium$29.99
- Newsify Premium (3 months)$8.99