Newsify: Your News, Blog & RSS Feed Reader
By Ben Alexander
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Read and share your favorite websites and blogs with an amazing newspaper-like layout.
Featured by Apple as "New and Noteworthy" and "What's Hot" in over 100 countries!
• All of your news, blogs and RSS feeds in one free reader app!
• Sync with Feedly or use without an account and sync with iCloud
• Newspaper-like article list and traditional table list available (thumbnails displayed when available)
• Background syncing with notifications (requires iOS 7 or later)
• Offline reading including image caching
• View and save images by tapping-and-holding image
• Night mode (automatic/manual, enabled in settings)
• Themes (light, sepia, gray)
• Readability view (pinch out in the article view or enable swipe in Advanced settings)
• Article search (pull down subscription list for search bar)
• Multiple accounts
• Full screen article reading (tap text to toggle)
• Full screen original web page browser (two finger tap to toggle)
• Pull to move between articles
• Pull to refresh article list
• Show only unread folders/subscriptions or all
• Show all articles or just unread
• Sort by newest or oldest first
• Mark previous & all as read
• Tap-and-hold to mark read and toggle starred
• Option to mark read while scrolling & pull up to mark all as read (enable in settings)
• Landscape view
• Fully customizable sync
• Add and edit subscriptions
• Add custom feed URLs (enter URLs in feed search box and tap Search)
• Automatically sync on start
• Share articles with many popular services: Facebook, Twitter, Buffer, Delicious, Evernote, Google+, Instapaper, LinkedIn, Pinboard, Pinterest, Pocket, Readability and Tumblr
• Email articles or links, copy links or open the original web page in the app or in Safari or Chrome
• View original articles with Instapaper, Readability and Google mobilizers
• Browse individual subscriptions contained in a folder (tap-and-hold folders or tap gray circle icon on right side of folder entry)
GET MORE WITH NEWSIFY PREMIUM
Newsify is free to download and use. Newsify Premium unlocks these amazing features. Try it free for 7 days!
• Automatic Full Text: Get full text automatically for most partial feeds and save for offline reading
• More Images: Get more high-res images for feeds with small or no images
• Search Full Text: Search the full text of partial feeds not just the preview
• Priority Support: Be first in line to get all of your questions answered
→ To start your trial: Select Premium in settings and tap "Start free trial"
What's New in Version 4.1
• New app for Apple Watch (settings in Apple Watch app under Newsify)
• Added sound for notifications (enable in Sync Settings)
• Added setting to hide unread counts in subscription list
• Additional bug fixes and improvements
If you enjoy using Newsify, please consider rating it after each update. This helps us out a lot. Thanks for your support!
Best RSS app. Perhaps ever.
I’ve download almost every RSS app until settling on Reeder for years. After awhile Reeder felt abandoned and outdated and since then I’ve been a devoted Newsify fan. Nothing else even compares.
This is, by far, my most used app. I think the “light” theme matches the iOS 8 UI best. I like that there are many customization options and sharable services. It’s quick loading and I’ve yet to encounter any errors. I also appreciate that the app is continually updated and maintained. Love the Apple Watch app. It also looks fantastic on my 6+ (in both portrait and landscape mode). It also works / syncs flawlessly on my iPad.
The “premium" services are completely optional. Not sure why people don’t get that. The app is fully functional without a subscription. I did purchase a 1 year subscription to both support the developer and because I love having the full article instantly displayed (which, for me, works about 90% of the time). By comparison, Wunderlist and Pocket charge more for their annual services so I think the $30 is fair for an app this frequently used. I do wish, however, that “more” functionality was included for the $30, such as more color themes or customization options.
This is my wish list for this app:
1) More themes-I’m a female and would REALLY appreciate something pink, purple or even teal color themes. Please!
2) More font and spacing options.
Great app Ben, keep up the excellent work!
The best free RSS reader I've found
Newsify is the best free RSS reader I've found so far. I can't compare it to any other paid apps because I am a maniac who will throw $5 at a Baconator but balk at putting less into a far more useful and far less artery-clogging app. Though I guess if Wendy's offered a free version with a Game of War ad on a single strip of bacon it would be more analogous. I digress. Newsify is very good. I have one feature request though.
Could it be made possible to separate out the oldest > newest sorting options between new and starred items? I like to read new items from oldest to newest, and starred items from newest to oldest. I have quite a few starred items and getting to a recently starred one takes a fair amount of vigorous scrolling. Don't get me wrong, the finger workout is effective and the ladies have taken notice, but I want people to notice me for me, you know? I'm more than just a finger.
The Last (Best) RSS Reader I'm Likely To Use
I've been through a lot of IOS news reader apps. Many of them had outstanding features, but none brought so many together as does Newsify. Great look, system of viewing articles (and a choice of preference there), saving, and sharing. I cannot imagine any RSS reader improving on what this app delivers, and so I'm putting this quest to bed.
I can add, through my own experience, a report on support. I was having a problem with one aspect of the app that would have been quickly and easily corrected in settings, had I not repeatedly overlooked the toggle. Through support services contact, the developer patiently pinpointed the source of my issue, and clearly supplied the remedy. So, I can attest to Newsify's stellar customer support.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jul 06, 2015
- Version: 4.1
- Size: 16.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Ben Alexander
- © 2014 Ben Alexander
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ad Banner$2.99
- Newsify Premium (1 month)$2.99
- Newsify Premium (1 year)$29.99
- Newsify Premium (3 months)$8.99