Newsify: Your News, Blog & RSS Feed Reader
By Ben Alexander
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Read and share your favorite websites and blogs with an amazing newspaper-like layout.
Featured by Apple as "New and Noteworthy" and "What's Hot" in over 100 countries!
• All of your news, blogs and RSS feeds in one free reader app!
• Sync with Feedly or use without an account and sync with iCloud
• Newspaper-like article list and traditional table list available (thumbnails displayed when available)
• Background syncing with notifications
• Offline reading including image caching
• View and save images by tapping-and-holding image
• Night mode (automatic/manual, enabled in settings)
• Themes (light, sepia, gray)
• In-app Safari view (see Safari Open Action setting under Article Browser)
• Readability view (pinch out in the article view or enable swipe in Article Browser settings)
• Article search (pull down subscription list for search bar)
• Multiple accounts
• Full screen article reading (tap text to toggle)
• Full screen original web page browser (two finger tap to toggle)
• Pull to move between articles
• Pull to refresh article list
• Show only unread folders/subscriptions or all
• Show all articles or just unread
• Sort by newest or oldest first
• Mark previous & all as read
• Tap-and-hold to mark read and toggle starred
• Option to mark read while scrolling & pull up to mark all as read (enable in settings)
• Landscape view
• Fully customizable sync
• Add and edit subscriptions
• Add custom feed URLs (enter URLs in feed search box and tap Search)
• Automatically sync on start
• Share articles with many popular services: Facebook, Twitter, Buffer, Delicious, Evernote, Google+, Instapaper, LinkedIn, Pinboard, Pinterest, Pocket, Readability and Tumblr
• Email articles or links, copy links or open the original web page in the app or in Safari or Chrome
• View original articles with Readability and Google mobilizers
• Browse individual subscriptions contained in a folder (tap-and-hold folders or tap gray circle icon on right side of folder entry)
GET MORE WITH NEWSIFY PREMIUM
Newsify is free to download and use. Newsify Premium unlocks these amazing features. Try it free for 7 days!
• Automatic Full Text: Get full text automatically for most partial feeds and save for offline reading
• More Images: Get more high-res images for feeds with small or no images
• Search Full Text: Search the full text of partial feeds not just the preview
• Priority Support: Be first in line to get all of your questions answered
– To start your trial: Select Premium in settings and tap "Start free trial"
What's New in Version 4.4.1
• Bug fixes
New in 4.4:
• If you're using a Newsify account, try the the new fast sync Newsify account:
- Under the Account setting, select Add Account, then Newsify, then Create an account.
- You can import your existing subscriptions and starred items by selecting Import Subscriptions in the subscription list of the new account.
• Additional bug fixes and improvements
If you enjoy using Newsify, please consider rating it after each update. This helps us out a lot. Thanks for your support!
The Best RSS Reader for Feedly!
Newsify is currently the best app on iOS for Feedly RSS users. It also has an option for syncing articles without an RSS account over iCloud.
It is available on iPad and iPhone and gives users the important ability to manage their feed subscriptions directly in the app.
Reading articles and sharing them to services such as Instapaper is fast through nicely implemented gestures that can be customized to your liking.
There are some minor areas that could be improved to make Newsify even better. The first would be an option to turn off the top communication panel in article view. This would allow for a more distraction-free reading environment. The second would be the addition of the font FF Tisa for article view, which is the perfect typeface for retina displays. The Instapaper mobilizer service was a great way to achieve this within Newsify but has since been removed by Instapaper's developer. Finally, in the Light theme pull quotes use an orange color for the text bar, which is somewhat jarring. It would look much more consistent with the overall theme to use a gray or blue that better complements the Light interface elements.
If you are looking for a great RSS reader for Feedly, Newsify is definitely the place to start.
Many thanks to the developer for the excellent support and continued development of Newsify!
Best RSS reader. Period.
I've been using Newsify ever since Google Reader shutdown. It's been on my home screen ever since I first downloaded it, and I open it daily. It has never crashed or given me any problems, and it has a beautiful interface that's clean and easy to read. It also has a ton of settings that you can change to make it function to your liking. The best part is that it's free with ads, which other RSS readers don't offer. The $2.99 IAP option to remove the ads is definitely worth it considering Reeder and Unread are $4.99.
- Find/search feature when reading an article so you can search for a specific word.
- Setting to disable Starred Items (I never star anything, so it just takes up screen space).
Best RSS reader by far! (RIP Pulse)
My news reader is the app that I use the most. The capability to find, organize and present my news feeds in a simple, efficient and attractive manner is what I was looking for when Pulse went south. After trying several readers, Newsify came out on top by far. It has all the tools from curation of the feeds to saving and sharing articles. One request if possible: when you open an article, sometimes the video starts playing automatically (CNN almost always). This is annoying when I am reading in bed or on an airplane. If this can be controlled it would be great to have an option to never start video automatically. Thanks!
- Category: News
- Updated: Feb 19, 2016
- Version: 4.4.1
- Size: 17.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Ben Alexander
- © 2012-2016 Ben Alexander
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ad Banner$2.99
- Newsify Premium (1 month)$2.99
- Newsify Premium (1 year)$29.99
- Newsify Premium (3 months)$8.99