Newsify: Your News, Blog & RSS Feed Reader
By Ben Alexander
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Read and share your favorite websites and blogs with an amazing newspaper-like layout.
Featured by Apple as "New and Noteworthy" and "What's Hot" in over 100 countries!
• All of your news, blogs and RSS feeds in one free reader app!
• Sync with Feedly or use without an account and sync with iCloud
• Newspaper-like article list and traditional table list available (thumbnails displayed when available)
• Background syncing with notifications
• Offline reading including image caching
• Unread articles widget (requires iOS 10)
• View and save images by tapping-and-holding image
• Night mode (automatic/manual, enabled in settings)
• Themes (light, sepia, gray)
• In-app Safari view (see Open Links setting)
• Full-text view (pinch out in the article view or enable swipe in Article Browser settings)
• Article search (pull down subscription list for search bar)
• Multiple accounts
• Full screen article reading (tap text to toggle)
• Full screen original web page browser (two finger tap to toggle)
• Pull to move between articles
• Pull to refresh article list
• Show only unread folders/subscriptions or all
• Show all articles or just unread
• Sort by newest or oldest first
• Mark previous & all as read
• Tap-and-hold to mark read and toggle starred
• Option to mark read while scrolling & pull up to mark all as read (enable in settings)
• Landscape view
• Fully customizable sync
• Add and edit subscriptions
• Add custom feed URLs (enter URLs in feed search box and tap Search)
• Automatically sync on start
• Share articles with many popular services: Facebook, Twitter, Buffer, Delicious, Evernote, Google+, Instapaper, LinkedIn, Pinboard, Pinterest, Pocket and Tumblr
• Email articles or links, copy links or open the original web page in the app or in Safari or Chrome
• View original articles with Google mobilizer
• Browse individual subscriptions contained in a folder (tap-and-hold folders or tap gray circle icon on right side of folder entry)
GET MORE WITH NEWSIFY PREMIUM
Newsify is free to download and use. Newsify Premium unlocks these amazing features. Try it free for 7 days!
• Automatic Full Text: Get full text automatically for most partial feeds and save for offline reading
• More Images: Get more high-res images for feeds with small or no images
• Search Full Text: Search the full text of partial feeds not just the preview
• Priority Support: Be first in line to get all of your questions answered
– To start your trial: Select Premium in settings and tap "Start free trial"
Newsify Premium is $2.99 USD per month or $29.99 USD per year and may vary depending on your location. If you choose to purchase Newsify Premium, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase.
What's New in Version 4.7
• Added Full Screen Status Bar setting under Article Browser to allow hiding the status bar in full screen mode
• Changed Pull Up to Mark All to only trigger when scrolled to end of list to help avoid accidentally marking all (for long list, scroll past end of list and let it bounce back before pulling up)
• Added pull to refresh to top-level subscription list
• Added 3D Touch action in subscription list to toggle Show Subscriptions setting (requires 3D Touch capable device)
• Additional bug fixes and improvements
If you enjoy using Newsify, please consider rating it after each update. This helps us out a lot. Thanks for your support!
Good design but it always crashes
Of all the rss readers I've tried I like this one the best but it has one very annoying issue and one minor issue that rates it only 3 stars with me.
The minor issue is the way the viewer handles the controls at the bottom of the screen that allow selecting things like marking an article as unread, selecting the next/previous article, etc. the part that's an issue is the way the design has that area disappear and reappear. The transition between hide/show is too slow and too easy to toggle. So I end up turning it off when I don't want it off and having to tap on the article in just the right place (or more to the point, not in the wrong place) and waiting for some set, slow interval for it to reappear so I can use it. I want it as instantaneous as possible or better yet, I want an option to keep it always displayed.
The major issue is that after a period of time the app crashes. It doesn't seem to happen at predictable times. It does recover rather well but it should never have crashed in the first place.
does what it should and does it well
I had no interest in RSS/Atom feeds but got Newsify and Feedly in order to test how my site's feed was working. Now I'm hooked, Feedly left my device, and Newsify stayed.
VoiceOver support seems mostly good (to this sighted reader) but does have some problems: Articles cannot be accessed when the list is Newspaper view. Articles in the list don't say they're buttons that can be activated (ideally they'd present an Actions rotor item, as in Mail), nor do articles in the list view give audible feedback when you star them or mark them as read. Likewise, the category lists for adding feeds don't tell you that each is a button. And when you activate a category of suggested feeds, the VO cursor lands partway down the enclosed list rather than on the first item. For all this I remove 1 star from the rating. I hope the developers will do more usability testing with blind and low-vision users.
The Last (Best) RSS Reader I'm Likely To Use
I've been through a lot of IOS news reader apps. Many of them had outstanding features, but none brought so many together as does Newsify. Great look, system of viewing articles (and a choice of preference there), saving, and sharing. I cannot imagine any RSS reader improving on what this app delivers, and so I'm putting this quest to bed.
I can add, through my own experience, a report on support. I was having a problem with one aspect of the app that would have been quickly and easily corrected in settings, had I not repeatedly overlooked the toggle. Through support services contact, the developer patiently pinpointed the source of my issue, and clearly supplied the remedy. So, I can attest to Newsify's stellar customer support.
- Category: News
- Updated: Dec 05, 2016
- Version: 4.7
- Size: 26.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Ben Alexander
- © 2012-2016 Ben Alexander
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$2.99
- Newsify Premium$2.99
- Newsify Premium (1 month)$2.99
- Newsify Premium (1 year)$29.99
- Newsify Premium$29.99
- Newsify Premium (3 months)$8.99