Newsify: Your News, Blog & RSS Feed Reader App - Free iPhone & iPad News Apps for reading Sports, Tech, Business, Magazines, Newspapers & More
By Ben Alexander
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Read and share your favorite websites and blogs with an amazing newspaper-like layout.
Featured by Apple as "New and Noteworthy" and "What's Hot" in over 100 countries!
• All of your news, blogs and RSS feeds in one free reader app!
• Sync with Feedly or use without an account and sync with iCloud
• Newspaper-like article list and traditional table list available (thumbnails displayed when available)
• Background syncing with notifications (requires iOS 7)
• Offline reading including image caching
• View and save images by tapping-and-holding image
• Night mode (enable in settings)
• Article search (pull down subscription list for search bar)
• Multiple accounts
• Full screen article reading (tap text to toggle)
• Full screen original web page browser (two finger tap to toggle)
• Pull to move between articles
• Pull to refresh article list
• Show only unread folders/subscriptions or all
• Show all articles or just unread
• Sort by newest or oldest first
• Mark previous & all as read
• Tap-and-hold to mark read and toggle starred
• Option to mark read while scrolling & pull up to mark all as read (enable in settings)
• Landscape view
• Fully customizable sync
• Add and edit subscriptions
• Add custom feed URLs (enter URLs in feed search box with "http://" and tap Search)
• Automatically sync on start
• Share articles with many popular services: Facebook, Twitter, Buffer, Delicious, Evernote, Google+, Instapaper, LinkedIn, Pinboard, Pocket, Readability and Tumblr
• Email articles or links, copy links or open the original web page in the app or in Safari or Chrome
• View original articles with Instapaper, Readability and Google mobilizers
• Browse individual subscriptions contained in a folder (tap gray circle icon on right side of folder entry)
What's New in Version 3.1
• Improved Evernote sharing (requires iOS 7, you'll be prompted to log in again):
-Added the ability to choose notebook, enter tags and edit title
-Added advanced setting to enable quick saving
• Added LinkedIn sharing
• Added Avenir article and summary font option (requires iOS 7)
• Added Title Font advanced setting for light theme (if certain characters don’t display correctly, changing the title font may help)
• Added Extra Large article font size option
• Additional bug fixes and improvements
If you enjoy using Newsify, please consider rating it after each update. This helps us out a lot. Thanks for your support!
Great replacement for Pulse
I was forced to finally look at alternatives to my beloved Pulse after LinkedIn bought and ruined that app. Newsify is FANTASTIC. A ton of options for the interface and for syncing, and when used in conjunction with Feedly, perfect cloud syncing of categories and feeds. The in-app browser is better than most. Landscape orientation works great. This app is the best reader I've found.
One request: can we have the option to set per-category or per-feed sync settings? I'd love to be able to limit the amount of articles certain feeds retrieve, while allowing others to sync further back.
Use it frequently every day
After using a list view to read RSS feeds for so many years, I didn't think I'd like the newspaper style of Newsify, but I've totally switched. I no longer use the list view RRS app I bought and I'm in Newsify all the time. Turns out, the newspaper view is way faster and easier to read. This app is well organized with all the options I want to share article views by email, etc. The only downside is its odd topic choices and timing of notifications; they're not useful.
Thanks Newsify Dev for continuously improving your wonderful app!
Mediocrity meets meddlesome
With a great design, this mediocre news app might have worked well for an average reader, but lacks substance enough to attract an avid newsie. Still, even the average newsie should beware, the app is also a personal data junky.
As a true example of form over function, the Ive-inspired design misses the most important ingredient of great design - it should work.
All the performance issues would still probably earn three stars in my book, but a fatal privacy flaw remains.
This app pushes privacy boundaries as close to the edge as Apple will allow; perhaps more. Under the guise if a serious app, this program is audacious enough to actually request the ability to post to social networks on my behalf. Additionally, I am not a fan of the notifications that woke me up at 3am, seriously?
A serious, enterprising designer might use use my data to create logic to improve the news feed (actually provide value to me) while gathering my data (provide value to the developer) and then we coils both win! Sadly, this is not the case and this app will be deleted and its fate is certain. See ya.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: News
- Updated: Jun 21, 2014
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 10.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Ben Alexander
- © 2014 Ben Alexander
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ad Banner$2.99