Newsify: Your News, Blog & RSS Feed Reader - Free iPhone & iPad App for reading News, Sports, Tech, Business, Magazines, Newspapers & More
By Ben Alexander
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Read and share your favorite websites and blogs with an amazing newspaper-like layout.
Featured by Apple as "New and Noteworthy" and "What's Hot" in over 100 countries!
• All of your news, blogs and RSS feeds in one free reader app!
• Sync with Feedly or use without an account and sync with iCloud
• Newspaper-like article list and traditional table list available (thumbnails displayed when available)
• Background syncing with notifications (requires iOS 7)
• Offline reading including image caching
• View and save images by tapping-and-holding image
• Night mode (enable in settings)
• Article search (pull down subscription list for search bar)
• Multiple accounts
• Full screen article reading (tap text to toggle)
• Full screen original web page browser (two finger tap to toggle)
• Pull to move between articles
• Pull to refresh article list
• Show only unread folders/subscriptions or all
• Show all articles or just unread
• Sort by newest or oldest first
• Mark previous & all as read
• Tap-and-hold to mark read and toggle starred
• Option to mark read while scrolling & pull up to mark all as read (enable in settings)
• Landscape view
• Fully customizable sync
• Add and edit subscriptions
• Add custom feed URLs (enter URLs in feed search box with "http://" and tap Search)
• Automatically sync on start
• Share articles with many popular services: Facebook, Twitter, Buffer, Delicious, Evernote, Google+, Instapaper, Pinboard, Pocket, Readability and Tumblr
• Email articles or links, copy links or open the original web page in the app or in Safari or Chrome
• View original articles with Instapaper, Readability and Google mobilizers
• Browse individual subscriptions contained in a folder (tap gray circle icon on right side of folder entry)
What's New in Version 2.2
• When available, Feedly article images are now added for feed items that don't have images (can be disabled in Sync Settings, Feedly accounts only)
• Enabled swipe from edge to go back in iOS 7
• Added support for background sync when a device passcode is enabled (iOS 7 only)
• Added the option to display article source in newspaper view on iPhone/iPod touch (enable in settings)
• Added swipe to the left gesture to mark items read/starred in article list (can be configured in Advanced settings)
• Added 'Add to Safari Reading List' share action (iOS 7 only)
• Added support for back to Newsify button when opening links in Chrome
• Added Helvetica Neue font option
• Additional improvements and bug fixes
If you enjoy using Newsify, please consider rating it after each update. This helps us out a lot. Thanks for your support!
Craigslist Feeds Broken!
Craigslist must have changed something in there rss... Newsify no longer picks up on new items in Craigslist feeds :(
A great app- looks good, feels good. Nice built-in browser, nice Readability integration. Has the option of a Feedly feel (you can have a checkerboard of different sized items, or full screen "cards") or a more traditional list (my preference). Gives you control of many things from font size to button behavior. ONE MAJOR PROBLEM that hopefully will be fixed soon: marking all as "read" won't necessarily get you caught up with your feed. If you keep getting more and more old posts every time to hit mark all as read, try ratcheting down the time frame you're pulling from - you're marking all the retrieved items as read, but not everything older than what you've retrieved. I've told support about this... Hopefully it's fixed soon.
Fully featured RSS reader
I've tried a lot of RSS readers with Google Reader (now moved to Feedly) that have full offline support, and this is one of best for me.
Though, a few more adjustments would be great to have:
1. Please separate Touch-n-hold and Swipe left gestures so I can have different actions in list (hold->star, swipe->read)
2. Please add a Clear cache feature to the menu.
For a long time running the app takes around 10 Gig of storage, and there is no way to clear a cache except of reinstall the app. So, completely deleting read (but leave starred) articles and related images aged more than 3 months (configurable) would be a great feature.
Thanks, and keep improving!
Works with Feedly now
Newsify now works with Feedly and that pretty nicely. The transition from Google Reader to Feedly with Newsify went smooth. Reading article lists and articles works great, with Readability integration.
What does not work well is the setting "Mark items as read while scrolling": although Newsify does mark the items that are scrolled up as read, those have to be scrolled pretty far out of screen to be marked. Also, when I come to the end of the list, the last several items do not get marked since I cannot scroll them high enough. So in the end, I still need to use the button to mark everything as read. Kind of defeats the purpose of the mark as read while scrolling setting...
Nevertheless, nice app.
- Category: News
- Updated: Dec 02, 2013
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 9.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Ben Alexander
- © 2013 Ben Alexander
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.