NewsTap Lite (Usenet Newsreader)
By Alexander Clauss
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NewsTap Lite is a Usenet Newsreader for the iPhone and the iPod Touch.
"NewsTap Lite" is the free version of the "NewsTap" application. "NewsTap Lite" is a fully functional Usenet Newsreader, but it does not support all features of the "NewsTap" application. Please check out the full version of "NewsTap" in the AppStore. The full version has many more features: sort articles and threads by date, subscribe to any number of groups, more filter options, search for articles in groups, search words and phrases within articles, on the Mac you can export/import subscriptions and backup your preferences and more.
Features of NewsTap Lite:
- Optimized for offline usage, so you can read and write news articles without an internet connection. With a simple tap of your finger, the app will download all the new articles and send your own ones to the news groups in one short transaction. The internet connection is only needed for a very short time.
- The application fully supports the portrait and landscape mode.
- Limited support for binary groups so photos and pictures can be displayed as well. It's possible to add photos into the photo album of the iPod or iPhone.
- Filters (also known as "Killfile") available. Filters can automatically mark articles as read or mark them with a certain color.
- Hyperlinks are automatically detected and can be opened in the web browser Safari.
- Optimized article layout for the small iPhone display. The original article layout is also available.
- Threads can be grouped into "folders".
- Navigate within the articles from within the thread view or simply by flipping to the next/previous article with your finger.
- It's possible to hide articles that are already read and to hide quotes.
- Post new articles or send followups.
- Build-in help, which explains all the application features.
For more screenshots please look at the developers web site.
What's New in Version 4.0.1
Bugfix: When using an iPad with iOS 5, there's an issue with scrolling when replying to a longer article.
If you already updated to iOS 6 or when using an iPhone or iPod Touch, you do not need this update.
Only allows subscription to one newsgroup. With Usenet in its death throes, I'm not about to pony up four bucks for the full version of this app.
- Category: News
- Updated: Dec 13, 2012
- Version: 4.0.1
- Size: 2.4 MB
- Languages: English, Croatian, German, Spanish
- Seller: Alexander Clauss
- © 2009 Alexander Clauss
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.