Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NewsWhip is the world's most democratic news source: the best news stories right now, as decided by everyone.
Each minute, NewsWhip scans a billion people on Facebook and Twitter to see which news stories they're sharing, tweeting and liking in topics like tech, fashion, or business. It spots the stories getting the most heat, and serves them as a live stream of the world's most popular news.
As well as dozens of topics, NewsWhip shows you what's hot now in ten countries, including the US, the UK, Canada, Australia, India, New Zealand and Ireland.
NewsWhip will introduce you to great news sources, fantastic stories, and makes sure you will always be up to speed on what the world is talking about, as it happens.
- Filter for the trending news in topics including politics, gossip, tech, fun, music, movies, gaming, startups, health, food, and 12 different sports.
- Check what's trending in the US, the UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, India, Europe, China or South Africa.
- "My Whips" remembers the sections you visit most frequently, so you can quickly check for trending news you care about.
- We only serve quality news. NewsWhip will only ever display the news that the world is sharing and talking about, so the contents are always excellent - or at least entertaining.
What's New in Version 2.1
What’s new in this version?
- Easier to use interface
- UI, swipe across the screen to access the menus
- Sweet transitions as you navigate
- Easier to share stories
Great idea and potential
Love the idea behind the algorithm app. Synthesizing shared social media content is great.
I'm giving it 4/5 stars for potential. I use a number of news apps and think this one needs some real work on UI and functionality to truly warrant 4-5 stars.
Some suggestions to consider:
Have the native iOS swipe to go back functionality.
Have an option to view in a readability type view (and setting that allows the user to set that as the default or not and make it switchable).
Use native share function and allow for more sharing options. I can't open a link in safari, or copy it even. Add card view option that makes the images larger in the list view.
Differentiate items that have been read.
Use iPhone dynamic text size or allow text size to be changed.
Allow users to designate preferred read later service.
Great app for finding trending news about your favorite interests. I use it to find the best and most popular stories on cycling, rugby, startups and tech.
Great digest of what people care about in my location today.
- Category: News
- Updated: Aug 03, 2014
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 22.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: NEWSWHIP MEDIA LIMITED
- © NewsWhip
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.