Newton Calendar is a companion app to Newton Mail.
Existing Newton Mail users will have all the calendar events synced automatically upon installing the app. No setup required. Works with Google and Exchange (EWS) Calendars.
How Newton Calendar helps you be on top of your game:
● ‘Schedule View’ will help you plan better. Know about your upcoming events and free slots with a quick glance.
● Creating an event has never been this delightful. Just tap on the date, type the event name and hit ‘Done’.
● Say goodbye to long “sequential forms”. Add notes, location and other details with ease.
● Newton Calendar is indispensable when on the move. Notify the organizer when you’re running late or if you cannot make it, with just a tap.
● Reliable notifications ensure that you’re always on top of your game.
● Access multiple calendars in one place. Manage any number of Gmail, Google Apps and Exchange (EWS) calendars.
Feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or @newtonmailapp with feedback.
Bug fixes. Just bug fixes. That’s it.
Ratings and Reviews
Solid Calendar App That Does The Basics Well
I love that i don’t have to rely on fetch for my Google calendar updates. It’s a downside of many calendar apps on iOS that rely on system settings that no longer allow google push notifications, this app navigates around that problem beautifully.
I’m also very fond of the UI! At first it struck me as simple, but the more I used it I realized it added a beauty and elegance to its design. The fully expanded widget is my favorite calendar widget I’ve used on iOS.
I’ve seen some say they don’t like the icon because it doesn’t look like a calendar app. I think the newton mail app and the calendar app side by side complement each other and add a sense of continuity between them. It makes me happy that they are two separate apps so they can brighten up my home screen like that!
There is always room for improvement in any app. The one thing I would suggest presently is the ability to set custom notification times within the app and not just from the drop down of preselected options. But overall keep up the great work!
Great start from a great developer
So far, the app is working great for a first try. There’s a lot of improvement that can be done though and I know that this dev can do it.
I would love to see added different view modes (The ability to change between month, multiple days, and day mode. Similar to how iOS does their’s.), A to-do function (being able to have something similar to the reminders app inside would be amazing), and finally, more settings we can play around with would be great.
I would love to switch over to using this full-time, the colors are great, design is beautiful, just a little more functionality it would be perfect.
Missing key features
I know that desired features are subjective, but many key features are missing from this app. To me this is unacceptable when the app exists behind a subscription pay wall.
The app has only one view, and it’s a schedule view. This view makes it really tough to see when you’re double booked or how much free time you have between events.
The calendar indicators aren’t prominent enough. I’m talking about the colored dots that indicate to which calendar an event belongs. It’s hard to see, at a glance, when an event belongs to me or another team calendar that I monitor.
The “notes” section truncated Google calendar invites that contain Meet or Hangout video conference details. The stock iOS calendar app includes them. The net effect is that I can’t join Google video conferences from this app. This is a significant hinderance.
Finally, there’s no visual indicator to show where you are in your day chronologically. Just now I launched the app at 9:51 and it started in the morning of the current day. That’s annoying.
All of these result in a huge miss for me and add to the growing list of Newton releases that add no value, in my opinion.
Thanks for the feedback. Please write to us at email@example.com and we can answer all your queries.
- CloudMagic, Inc.
- 31 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © CloudMagic, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.