Newton Mail - Email for Gmail, Outlook & Exchange
By CloudMagic, Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Newton is a subscription-based service that supercharges your email with power features like Read Receipts, Snooze, Send Later, Undo Send, Sender Profile, Connected Apps and more across iPhone, iPad, iPad Pro, Apple Watch and Mac. Comes with a 14-day free trial.
Newton is available as an in-app subscription for $49.99/year. That's about $4/mo for something that you use dozens of times everyday.
Works with Gmail, Exchange, Yahoo Mail, Outlook, iCloud, Google Apps, Office 365 and all IMAP accounts.
*What happens after 14 days*
Push notifications & power features like Read Receipts, Snooze, Send Later & more stop working. Email sync will also stop i.e. you won't get new emails automatically. Not an experience we recommend.
*Sign Up Once, Use Everywhere*
Your Newton account is your key to all things Newton. Use it to instantly access your email anytime, across ALL your devices. It’s that simple.
*How Newton supercharges your email*
● Instant push notifications for ALL types of email, including Gmail, Hotmail, Exchange, Yahoo Mail, iCloud, Google Apps, Office 365 and any IMAP account.
● Read Receipts - Get read-status for every email you send. Also get notified as soon as the emails are read. Know exactly who read your email with individual mail tracking. Not a fan of email tracking? Switch it off from Settings.
● Send Later - Schedule emails to be sent later and have them delivered to the recipient’s inbox at just the right moment. Also, you can stop the scheduled email if the recipient emails you in between.
● Sender Profile - Know more about the people who email you. Get job titles, organisation info, location, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter profiles & more. Send better emails by knowing the context and background of the sender.
● Snooze - Set your emails to come back to Inbox at a more convenient time. Got an important email while travelling? Just Snooze to Desktop and deal with it only when you’re ready. Snooze emails, not productivity.
● Connected Apps - Finish your workflow without leaving your email. Add important emails to your favorite productivity apps like Todoist, Evernote, OneNote, Pocket, Trello, Wunderlist, Instapaper, Zendesk, Salesforce & Asana.
● Undo Send - Pull back that email blunder you just sent. Especially useful when you’re on mobile and need to reply in a hurry. For all the times you sent ‘Retards’ instead of ‘Regards’.
● 2-factor authentication - Protect your Newton account with both your password & phone.
● One-click Unsubscribe - Instantly unsubscribe from unwanted email newsletters.
● Easily manage your emails from Inbox View with one-click actions: Archive, Delete, Mark as Read/Unread
● Quick Filters - Find important emails with one-click Starred and Unread filters.
● Handoff - Effortlessly hand off what you’re doing on iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch to Mac.
● Language support - English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Greek and Ukrainian.
● Keyboard shortcuts that get things done quickly.
A - Reply All
R - Reply
E - Archive
S - Star / Unstar
Shift + U - Mark as Read / Unread and many more.
But wait..there’s more!
- HTML signatures
- Custom Folder Sync
- Email Aliases
- Print emails
- Turn on/off Conversations
- Easy on battery and data
- Unified Inbox
- Remote Wipe
Newton is available as an in-app subscription for $49.99 per year. Price may vary by location. The subscription automatically renews unless turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. It will be charged to your iTunes Account within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, with the subscription renewing at $49.99. You can manage your subscription and turn off auto-renewal by going to the Account Settings after purchase.
What's New in Version 9.8.8
- Disable signature for reply. The first reply will have the signature however, you can choose to disable it for subsequent replies
- Option to rename attachment while downloading. Note that the ‘Ask where to save each file before downloading’ box in ‘Settings > General’ needs to be checked first
- Option to switch off ‘Forgot Attachment’ check
- Shortcut to enable/disable autocorrect in Compose (Ctrl+Cmd+A)
- Two more keyboard shortcuts for Delete. Go to ‘Settings > General’ and choose what works best for you
- Customary bug/crash fixes
Best email app out there. I’ve tried 30 other alternatives. All copycats
Beyond the fact that the design is simply beautiful (I’m a UI designer and respect this the most). There are 100’s of other email apps that try and do what Newton does. The issue with that is, the pioneers of this concept will always be one step ahead. Its perfectly synced from phone > tablet > desktop. The mobile expereince is designed ‘user-first’ — meaning, the engineers focused on how a user ‘should’ use email on mobile, vs just stuffing every feature into a responsive (mobile-first) experience. Everything is carefully designed to work how it should. Many email apps try way too hard to ‘organize’ your email for you. All this does is confuse people and do things the user never asked for. Newton doesn’t try to come up with features just to have them. They focus on actually improving email experience. I use the FullContact feature all the time, which basically gives you information as to who your sender was, where they work, and links to investigate them on social. The ability to know when a reciever ‘reads’ your email is huge for me. I know when a client recieves something so I can let my anxiety rest while waiting for a reply, instead of waiting anxiously for the unknown. It also allows me to know whether someone who works for me has lied to me. “I didnt get the email”. Sorry, that excuse doesn’t work on me ;)
Highly recommended. Grab it.
I liked CloudMagic, but the Mac version was a bit too limited (and I was starting to feel the limitations of the iOS version as well). Newton Mail seems to have addressed all the shortcomings, and added many more useful features. The first impression is great, keep up the good work!
Update Jun 20, 2017: Still using Newton as my primary email client (I should probably say “only email client”). The app is very stable, and the balance features / usability is just right. I use Newton for both business and personal email, on Mac and iOS.
Please make this more affordable...
I have been a user since it was CloudMail, but I’ll have to decide in Sept. if I will renew or cancel. Right now, I can’t imagine paying $50/year to keep this service, it’s just too much.
The interface is beautiful and simple, and makes my email experience really clean. But there are still bugs that crop up frequently, and I can’t justify such a high and ongoing expense for email. I would probably stay on if the fee were $25/year, or if there was an option to pay something like $100 upfront to use the app for as long as I wanted. Too bad they can’t get the price structure more reasonable for most consumers. I’ll miss you Newton.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Jun 14, 2017
- Version: 9.8.8
- Size: 16.9 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian
- Seller: CloudMagic, Inc.
- © CloudMagic, Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases