Newton Mail - Email for Gmail, Outlook & Exchange
By CloudMagic, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Newton is a subscription-based service that supercharges your email with power features like Read Receipts, Snooze, Send Later, Undo Send, Sender Profile, Connected Apps and more across iPhone, iPad, iPad Pro, Apple Watch and Mac. Comes with a 14-day free trial.
Newton is available as an in-app subscription for $49.99/yr. That’s about $4/mo for something that you use dozens of times everyday.
Works with Gmail, Exchange, Yahoo Mail, Hotmail/Outlook, iCloud, Google Apps, Office 365 and all IMAP accounts.
*What happens after 14 days*
Push notifications & power features like Read Receipts, Snooze, Send Later & more stop working. Email sync will also stop i.e. you won't get new emails automatically. Not an experience we recommend.
*Sign Up Once, Use Everywhere*
Your Newton account is your key to all things Newton. Use it to instantly access your email anytime, across ALL your devices. It’s that simple.
With your account, you can have all your email preferences and settings synced magically across devices - be it iPhone, iPad, iPad Pro, Apple Watch or Mac.
*Why Newton is the only email app you need*
● Instant push notifications for ALL types of email - Gmail, Hotmail/Outlook, Exchange, Yahoo Mail, iCloud, Google Apps, Office 365 and any IMAP account.
● Read Receipts - Get read-status for every email you send. Also get notified as soon as the email is read. Know exactly who read your email with individual mail tracking.
● Send Later - Schedule emails to be sent later and have them delivered to the recipient’s inbox at just the right moment. Also, you can stop the scheduled email if the recipient emails you in between.
● Sender Profile - Know more about the people who email you. Get job titles, organisation info, location, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter profiles & more. Send better emails by knowing the background of the sender.
● Snooze - Set your emails to come back to Inbox at a more convenient time. Got an important email while travelling? Just Snooze to Desktop and deal with it only when you’re ready. Snooze emails, not productivity.
● Connected Apps - Finish your workflow without leaving your email. Add important emails to your favorite productivity apps like Todoist, Evernote, OneNote, Pocket, Trello, Wunderlist, Instapaper, Zendesk, Salesforce and Asana.
● Undo Send - Pull back that email blunder you just sent. Especially useful when you’re on mobile and need to reply in a hurry.
● 2-factor authentication - Protect your Newton account with both your password & phone.
● One-click unsubscribe - Instantly unsubscribe from unwanted email newsletters.
● Custom Inbox Swipes - Customizable long/short swipes for actions like Delete, Archive, Mark as Read, Mark as Spam and more.
● Save attachments to your favorite cloud storage service like Google Drive, Box, Dropbox, OneDrive etc. with ease.
● Language support - English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Greece and Ukrainian.
But wait...there’s more!
- iPad Pro support
- HTML signatures
- Email Aliases
- Print emails
- Turn on/off Conversations
- Touch ID
- Easy on battery and data
- Custom Folder Sync
- Spotlight Search
- Interactive Notifications
- 3D Touch
- Remote Wipe
- Passcode Lock
- Unified Inbox
Newton is available as an in-app subscription for $49.99 per year. Price may vary by location. The subscription automatically renews unless turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. It will be charged to your iTunes Account within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, with the subscription renewing at $49.99. You can manage your subscription and turn off auto-renewal by going to the Account Settings after purchase.
What's New in Version 9.5.40
New in 9.5.40:
- Issues with replying to an email that has more than 30 inline attachments. Fixed.
- Other bug fixes.
New in 9.5.34:
- Exchange Global Address List (GAL) & GSuite Directory Contacts support in Compose
- Option to compress attachments when you save drafts
- Lower battery consumption and other performance improvements under the hood
- Send bigger attachments - Go to 'Settings > Email accounts > Max attachment size' to set the maximum attachment size for Exchange and IMAP accounts after checking with your system admin. For other accounts, it just works
The Best I've Found!
Well, I’ve been known the hop around with different email clients because none are perfect. I have recently found a good workflow using Gmail’s labels. The only email app that I’ve found to handle the labels with notifications for specific labels was Inbox by Gmail. I just didn’t like the interface that Inbox offered. Gmail doesn’t send notifications for the labels. I was with Cloudmagic before Newton came along. When I saw how much it was, I decided to find something else. I could never quite find anything that fit my workflow. So, I tried the Newton trial. I loved it but didn’t want to pay that much for it. Then, I found it! It took me awhile, but I found the labels notifications in Newton. Unless I missed it, Newton is the only other email app that makes use of Gmail’s labels. So, I guess the Folder Sync is what I like the most. I can sync folders and turn notifications on or off. This was the feature that pushed me to go ahead and pay for the subscription.
When in the App Store, there’s not a lot of people writing reviews about the app. They are writing reviews about the price. I have to agree that they pricing is kind of scary. I think it scares people away. But with the features that I needed, I didn’t mind the price.
I am anxious to see what new features are coming to Newton! I suggest perfecting the labels or Folder Sync feature.
No brainer. You deserve a premium email experience.
First off, you get all those little cool features that all those other free email apps have in one space altogether.
Secondly, you have a truly convergent/unified email experience on mobile and desktop that is beautiful, seamless, and perfect for your workflow.
Lastly, it only cost less than a fancy cup of coffee a month. If you think that is the most offensive evil thing in the world, then you have some other problems (financial?) that should be speaking to about. If you just don't think it's worth it than that is something different. But Jesus Christ, people calling it extortion? It's email ! How many hours do you use it a day? A month? A year? It's a cup of coffee! If you really care about productive communications (business mostly but use it for personal like it's a bonus) then it's a no brainer. In the grand scheme of things it's just a drop in the bucket.
Plus, I'm tired of awesome apps disappearing because they can't scale free/freemium models. This is increases the odds that it might stick around.
Try the free trial. Then see for yourself.
Best email app
This incredibly ballsy company went from a "free" app to a paid one and got rightly killed for it. But you get what you pay for and this is the highest quality email app I've ever seen on iOS and I've tried them all.
The clean design is one thing (check gmail by comparison...). This app includes every feature I could possibly want for email without clutter, and with instant customer service.
Their decision was a tough one, and they deserve credit for surviving the fallout. But business model aside, if you're looking for a quality app in a category of hundreds of free crappy, Newton is by far the best.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Mar 19, 2017
- Version: 9.5.40
- Size: 102 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Seller: CloudMagic, Inc.
- © CloudMagic, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases