Newton Mail - Email for Gmail, Hotmail & Exchange
By CloudMagic, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Newton is a subscription-based service that supercharges your email with power features like Read Receipts, Snooze, Send Later, Undo Send, Sender Profile, Connected Apps and more across iPhone, iPad, iPad Pro, Apple Watch and Mac. Comes with a 14-day free trial.
Newton is available as an in-app subscription for $49.99/yr. That’s about $4/mo for something that you use dozens of times everyday.
Works with Gmail, Exchange, Yahoo Mail, Hotmail/Outlook, iCloud, Google Apps, Office 365 and all IMAP accounts.
*Free to download on Mac*
Sign Up Once, Use Everywhere
Your Newton account is your key to all things Newton. Use it to instantly access your email anytime, across ALL your devices. It’s that simple.
With your account, you can have all your email preferences and settings synced magically across devices - be it iPhone, iPad, iPad Pro, Apple Watch or Mac.
Why Newton is the only email app you need
● Instant push notifications for ALL types of email - Gmail, Hotmail/Outlook, Exchange, Yahoo Mail, iCloud, Google Apps, Office 365 and any IMAP account.
● Read Receipts - Get read-status for every email you send. Optionally, get notified as soon as the emails are read. Track emails effortlessly and improve the quality of your follow-ups, without installing random external plugins.
● Send Later - Schedule emails to be sent later and have them delivered to the recipient’s inbox at just the right moment. Also, you can stop the scheduled email if the recipient emails you in between.
● Sender Profile - Know more about the people who email you. Get job titles, organisation info, location, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter profiles & more. Send better emails by knowing the context and background of the sender.
● Snooze - Set your emails to come back to Inbox at a more convenient time. Got an important email while travelling? Just Snooze to Desktop and deal with it only when you’re ready. Snooze emails, not productivity.
● Connected Apps - Finish your workflow without leaving your email. Add important emails to your favorite productivity apps like Todoist, Evernote, OneNote, Pocket, Trello, Zendesk, Salesforce and Asana.
● Undo Send - Pull back that email blunder you just sent. Especially useful when you’re on mobile and need to reply in a hurry. For all the times you sent ‘Retards’ instead of ‘Regards’.
● Custom Inbox Swipes - Customizable long/short swipes for actions like Delete, Archive, Mark as Read, Mark as Spam and more.
● Handoff - Effortlessly hand off what you’re doing on iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch to Mac.
● Supports all versions of Exchange - ActiveSync (EAS), EWS & IMAP.
● Attach files from Google Drive, Box, Dropbox, OneDrive & more.
● Save attachments to your favorite cloud storage service like Google Drive, Box, Dropbox, OneDrive etc. with ease.
● Remote Wipe your data in case you lose your device.
● Custom Folder Sync - Get notified about emails that land in your folders.
● Language support - English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish and Ukrainian.
But wait...there’s more!
- iPad Pro support
- HTML signatures
- Email Aliases
- Print emails
- Turn on/off Conversations
- Touch ID
- Easy on battery and data
- Spotlight Search
- Interactive Notifications
- 3D Touch
- Passcode Lock
- Unified Inbox
Newton is available as an in-app subscription for $49.99 per year.
Price may vary by location. The subscription automatically renews unless turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. It will be charged to your iTunes Account. Manage your subscription in Account Settings after purchase.
What's New in Version 9.2.5
Yahoo OAuth Support - Securely add your Yahoo account to Newton. If you've already added one, go to Settings > Email Accounts > Select your Yahoo account > Tap to Re-Auth
* Multiple bug fixes and performance improvements *
For bulk orders, shoot a mail to email@example.com
Trust in developers broken
The clean and fast interface from CloudMagic is still the best, making it hard to switch to a competitor (many apps now allow work Exchange accounts otherwise restricted in Apple Mail). However, the recent unannounced switch to a paying model after rebranding and the multiple updates since have broken my trust in the developers. A one-time modest fee would have been acceptable, along with a gesture towards existing users. Hearing my data is stored on their server makes me uneasy now.
Alto and Spark are the closest free competitors with added options such as viewing all attachments in one click, but Alto is slower with poorer push implementation and also keeps your mail on their servers, while Spark is fast but cluttered with no way to disable conversation views.
Better communication from Newton and rethinking about pricing could earn back some good will from disgruntled customers. My one star is a reflection of recent practices from Newton, including resetting comments after weekly updates and suspiciously worded positive reviews. In the meantime, I will endure the yellow banner urging me to subscribe while continuing to find a more trustworthy and affordable alternative.
An updated appreciation: The new premium Newton Mail is worth the money. It's simply the most elegant, functional, intuitive, responsive email product available for your smartphone. In my view, it's now at a stage where it has no evident shortcomings. It beats its (many) competitors in every category that matters. I didn't like going from free to for-pay, but with Newton, if you you rely heavily on mobile-device email, you get your money's worth. Terrific app – and the developers promise further upgrades are coming.
Having used most of the email apps designed to work with iOS, my judgment -- having now relied exclusively on CloudMagic for several months -- is that nothing else compares. The user interface, the features, the speed, the ability to customize -- simply the best in every respect. CM has simplified my life and even brought a certain level of delight to my online email management. I recommend this app without reservation.
Great app and amazing support
I was on the hunt for a better email application for both my desktop and phone. I compares Newton and Polymail and was going to sign up for Polymail Pro, but the Newton guys won me over with their customer support.
The app is pretty good (still has some room to improve) but the same can be said about Polymail. I've had some issues with both and shot off emails to their respective support teams. Polymail has never responded to emails, even after a few weeks. Newton responds promptly, often within half an hour. I even had someone helping me on the Saturday after Thanksgiving (impressive, but let those guys have some time off). I decided I could trust that Newton was working for me, whereas this wasn't the case with Polymail.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Nov 04, 2016
- Version: 9.2.5
- Size: 120 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Seller: CloudMagic, Inc.
- © CloudMagic, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases