Newton Mail: Email Tracking, Send Later, Undo Send
By CloudMagic, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Newton is a subscription-based service that supercharges your email with power features like Read Receipts, Snooze, Send Later, Undo Send, Sender Profile, Connected Apps and more across iPhone, iPad, iPad Pro, Apple Watch and Mac. Comes with a 14-day free trial.
Newton is available as an in-app subscription for $49.99/yr. That’s about $4/mo for something that you use dozens of times everyday.
Works with Gmail, Exchange, Yahoo Mail, Hotmail/Outlook, iCloud, Google Apps, Office 365 and all IMAP accounts.
*What happens after 14 days*
Push notifications & power features like Read Receipts, Snooze, Send Later & more stop working. The email sync period also goes down. Not an experience we recommend.
*Sign Up Once, Use Everywhere*
Your Newton account is your key to all things Newton. Use it to instantly access your email anytime, across ALL your devices. It’s that simple.
With your account, you can have all your email preferences and settings synced magically across devices - be it iPhone, iPad, iPad Pro, Apple Watch or Mac.
*Why Newton is the only email app you need*
● Instant push notifications for ALL types of email - Gmail, Hotmail/Outlook, Exchange, Yahoo Mail, iCloud, Google Apps, Office 365 and any IMAP account.
● Read Receipts - Get read-status for every email you send. Also get notified as soon as the email is read. Know exactly who read your email with individual mail tracking.
● Send Later - Schedule emails to be sent later and have them delivered to the recipient’s inbox at just the right moment. Also, you can stop the scheduled email if the recipient emails you in between.
● Sender Profile - Know more about the people who email you. Get job titles, organisation info, location, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter profiles & more. Send better emails by knowing the background of the sender.
● Snooze - Set your emails to come back to Inbox at a more convenient time. Got an important email while travelling? Just Snooze to Desktop and deal with it only when you’re ready. Snooze emails, not productivity.
● Connected Apps - Finish your workflow without leaving your email. Add important emails to your favorite productivity apps like Todoist, Evernote, OneNote, Pocket, Trello, Zendesk, Salesforce and Asana.
● Undo Send - Pull back that email blunder you just sent. Especially useful when you’re on mobile and need to reply in a hurry.
● 2-factor authentication - Protect your Newton account with both your password & phone.
● One-click unsubscribe - Instantly unsubscribe from unwanted email newsletters.
● Custom Inbox Swipes - Customizable long/short swipes for actions like Delete, Archive, Mark as Read, Mark as Spam and more.
● Handoff - Effortlessly hand off what you’re doing on iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch to Mac.
● Supports all versions of Exchange - ActiveSync (EAS), EWS & IMAP.
● Save attachments to your favorite cloud storage service like Google Drive, Box, Dropbox, OneDrive etc. with ease.
● Remote Wipe your data in case you lose your device.
● Custom Folder Sync - Get notified about emails that land in your folders.
● Language support - English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Greece and Ukrainian.
But wait...there’s more!
- iPad Pro support
- HTML signatures
- Email Aliases
- Print emails
- Turn on/off Conversations
- Touch ID
- Easy on battery and data
- Spotlight Search
- Interactive Notifications
- 3D Touch
- Passcode Lock
- Unified Inbox
Newton is available as an in-app subscription for $49.99 per year.
Price may vary by location. The subscription automatically renews unless turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. It will be charged to your iTunes Account. Manage your subscription in Account Settings after purchase.
What's New in Version 9.3.50
- Bug Fixes.
I used CloudMagic for years and like many other reviewers here was quite unhappy when they went over to a subscription model. That said, I've stuck with it despite the expense, as this is the most intuitive, most elegant email app I've tried, and integration between mobile devices generally works very well. (My one quarrel with integration is that the OSX app doesn't load mail quite as quickly as I would like it to.) I particularly appreciate how this app is not a memory hog, which is not true for most other email apps I've tried. The one downside there is that, while searches are straightforward and intuitive for the most recent 2 months, for earlier mail the app is unable to perform searches across all your email accounts, which means you have to have a pretty good idea where something is to have any chance of finding it quickly. I've written their customer service about this, and they were very quick to respond, but I've docked a star until I see what solution(s) they will be offering. The expense of this app as compared to its closest competitors also makes me hesitant to give it the full 5.
Great but pricey
So many negative reviews! It's a real shame. I've used A LOT of mail clients. Spark is my favorite, but they don't have any way to differentiate between accounts in the unified inbox. I tried Newton, and I love the color differentiation. It has all of the features of Spark, although IMO a bit too minimalistic (would appreciate more on the side panel like Spark). Love that there's also an OSX app. Now I agree with some of the reviews about cost. I subscribe to Evernote, Todoist, Dropbox, 1password, and MS Office. While this email app is great, it should be cheaper. $2 a month or $25 a year would be fair. $50 a year is too much, but I'll grudgingly pay because it is a great app and I hope to see it grow and don't mind supporting the developers. I do understand though why so many are reluctant to pay this much, and if something comes along with same features but lower price, I'll probably switch.
It does need work. Especially the Mac app. The iOS app could use a "pin" feature like Spark. The Apple Watch app is not stable and freezes often. It feels like a beta test.
Not even close to worth $50, constant bait and switch
Back when this app was known as Cloud Magic, it was perhaps the best email app. Then, they suddenly decided to rebrand and begin charging $50 a year subscription fee if you wanted to use the full service. There was no warning this was happening, it simply changed overnight. They also made it very difficult to realize that you could actually keep using the app for free, just without the extra features like Read Receipts, and with an annoying banner constantly on the inbox.
However, they decided to pull yet another idiotic bait and switch, disabling push notifications for free users, again with no notice. I only caught on when I realized I hadn't been getting my emails in a while. Sure enough, now "special features and push notifications" are behind a paywall.
A one time fee of $10 might be worth it. But $50 a year? For an email app? Not a chance. Particularly when the developers are so underhanded and hideously uncommunicative. If they were struggling without the money before, I can only imagine how they'll be doing soon with these kinds of practices. (I'd bet good money that nearly 100% of the positive reviews are paid for or just flat out fake).
Literally have never left a bad review before, but this is just absurd. Would've gladly contributed money to support this app if 1) the price were sane and 2) the devs weren't intentionally misleading.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Dec 23, 2016
- Version: 9.3.50
- Size: 131 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Seller: CloudMagic, Inc.
- © CloudMagic, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases