Discover the app that convinced the world’s greatest orchestras to go digital! Newzik is the reference music reader app that allows you to import, manage and work on your digital sheet music from any iPad or iPhone.
1. Access your digital library everywhere: with the Newzik Cloud, you can securely access your music library at any time, everywhere and on any iPad or iPhone.
2. Read any file: In addition to reading PDF, TXT, videos and audio files, take full control of your MusicXML scores with Newzik, the most advanced MusicXML reader.
3. Download thousands of classical scores FOR FREE with direct access to IMSLP, the largest online score library.
4. Enjoy unique collaborative features - share your markings with your fellow musicians or control the page turn for the entire band. Newzik was awarded “Best Concert/Orchestra tool” at NAMM 2016.
*Build your Digital Library
- Import PDF, MusicXML and TXT scores and also audio and video files through your Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud or any external app.
- Add YouTube videos and synchronize them with your scores to create playbacks.
- Combine audio files and videos with your sheet music to boost your productivity.
- Write and edit lyrics and chords directly from your iPad or iPhone.
*Organize & Manage your scores
- Create multiple Setlists and share them with your fellow musicians.
- Add several instrumental parts to a single piece and view them with one click.
- Annotate your scores with homemade pencils, highlighters, and musical notation stamps. Create multiple layers of annotations for the same score.
- Crop your pages to eliminate the margins and optimize the display.
- Rearrange your PDF scores: delete, duplicate and reorder your PDF pages.
- Synchronize your scores with audio or video files and create “play-along/karaoke versions or interactive educational material.
- Set your tempo with our integrated audible/visual metronome.
- Turn your pages with any Bluetooth foot pedal (iRig, Airturn, Pageflip, etc.).
- Export your pieces and recover them in PDF in your mailbox or any other app.
- Get up on stage with confidence using our secure Performance Mode.
*Discover the power of MusicXML scores
- Transpose your score on-the-spot to any key.
- Use the smart zoom to optimize the display to your liking.
- Generate a synced MIDI file.
- Select the tracks you want to display and hear.
- Set your display preferences: chart or score, contracted score or not, and more.
- Visualize the correct fingerings on a fretboard or keyboard.
*Enjoy unique collaborative features
- Send your sheet music and Setlists via email.
- Collaborative Setlists©: share Setlists with your fellow musicians and view all the edits and new annotations in real time! In short, this could be defined as the “Google Docs of Setlists”.
- Band Mode©: connect iPads and/or iPhones together and synchronize page turns and piece changes on every device.
To discover all our features, make sure to visit https://newzik.com
Several fixes and adjustments. Thank you for using Newzik!
Ratings and Reviews
It does what it’s supposed to do...........but......
Lately it’s gotten a bit “buggy”. It doesn’t let me send emails directly from the app. Don’t know if it’s a problem with iOS or with the latest update from iOS or from Newzik.
The Newzik team is working on it but have yet to get me a fix for the issue. I can work around it by sending the files using the cut and paste format in PDF conversion but I cannot even send Newzik an e-mail directly from the app.
It’s going on five days now and no fix yet. Just sent an email to Newzik via Yahoo asking if I have to pay for a complete deletion and re-installation but it’s 8:30PM in France right now so no one in the office.
Just one request
I took a leap of faith to try Newzik instead of forScore which has longer history and followers and strongly recommended by many musicians. I do enjoy Newzik and it works well enough. I noticed that when I turned on “half-page” page turn, and then I turned it off, it was still displayed in half-page, and I don’t know how to fix this.
Also, I wish there was just one setting I could change - which is to be able to turn pages using space bar on my Bluetooth keyboard. iBooks, or even IMSLP iPad app have that feature and they are both free. Any chance this could be fixed as well?
Developer Response ,
Dear Rtana, thank you so much for this great review! Your feedback has been taken into account. For any question or recommendation, do not hesitate to write to us at email@example.com. Thank you for using Newzik! The Newzik team
Fantastic! Better than I could have hoped.
This does everything I wanted it to do and more. I love having the ability to put multiple different parts along with different variations of recordings together in one entry and switch between them on the fly. Works great with a page turner. Despite the “Composer/Piece” terminology I’m using this with rock and pop music too, and works great there as well. I’m planning to replace a handful of different apps with just this one, once I finish loading up all my music.
Developer Response ,
Dear Chris, thank you so much for you review and for helping us spreading the word about our app!
The Newzik Team
- 270 MB
Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011 SyncSing
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.