NextBus- Official NextBus App For Transit Agencies
By NextBus, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NextBus Mobile Application has following major functionalities:
1. Find real-time ETA for nearby stops instantly.
2. Find walking directions from the current location to the nearest stop.
4. Save favorite agency, route and stop.
5. Find all or nearby Transit agencies.
6. Restore default setting such as favorite stops etc.
7. Get Help and learn how to use the application.
8. Send comments/questions/complaints to NextBus or Transit Agency.
9. Expand arrival information for selected agency/route/stop
10. Find arrival for next three tracked vehicles.
11. Save alerts for a stop and agency.
12. Support French and Spanish.
1) Real-time ETA is available for service vehicles that are equipped with working GPS devices.
2) Stops must be serviced by transit agencies that are using NextBus RTPI system.
3) Where Transit agency is equipped with NextBus RTPI system.
What's New in Version 2.02
Enhanced interface based on user's feedback and suggestions:
- Intuitive look and feel and clear arrival time presentation with enhanced functionality;
- Create, name and order your own favorite stops;
- Better grouping of NEARBY stops;
- New layout for Stop detail with street map;
- Integration with transit operator's website, published schedule, interactive voice response (IVR) and text messaging (SMS);
- Redesigned local reminder/notification for easy setup and removal;
- Performance optimization;
- Bug fixes
Not much good to say about this app and service. I've tried it for the various bus and rail lines in San Francisco, yet I have to browse through every transit agency they support in the whole country to pick a route. The "real time" data they show is horribly inaccurate and frequently shows busses arriving and departing my stops when no real bus is anywhere to be seen for at least ten minutes before or after, and shows no busses arriving at all in the time that two go by. In the six weeks I've been commuting in SF, it was nearly correct once, I'm now certain by pure coincidence. It does have one nice feature in that it lets you save your stops to favorites so you don't have to browse for them every time.
Good experience. Only app that support university bus. But it will be great if I can see the routing map when "no data" since I always make plan at night and so annoyed cannot look at stop location and route.
Bad bad bad no terrible
You have to browse every transit system in the country to find your bus. That's with location services enabled. One issue among many. No search function. Favorites get deleted. Endless pain.
You will spend more time using this app than calling information, getting the number for local bus authority, calling the bus line, and finding your route there.
Do not waste your time with this app.