NextBus Mobile Application has following major functionalities:
1. Find real-time ETA for nearby stops instantly.
2. Find walking directions from the current location to the nearest stop.
4. Save favorite agency, route and stop.
5. Find all or nearby Transit agencies.
6. Restore default setting such as favorite stops etc.
7. Get Help and learn how to use the application.
8. Send comments/questions/complaints to NextBus or Transit Agency.
9. Expand arrival information for selected agency/route/stop
10. Find arrival for next three tracked vehicles.
11. Save alerts for a stop and agency.
12. Support French and Spanish.
1) Real-time ETA is available for service vehicles that are equipped with working GPS devices.
2) Stops must be serviced by transit agencies that are using NextBus RTPI system.
3) Where Transit agency is equipped with NextBus RTPI system.
Minor bug fixes and enhanced stability of features.
Ratings and Reviews
The app legitimately kicks me off instead of bringing me to the page where I can see the times and routes around me. After I click on the app it brings up a black screen like its gonna work, but then it closes the app immediately without me touching anything. I thought it was a problem on my end but it has done this even after I tried reinstalling the app many many different times. This needs to be fixed because if it’s an app to help you with transportation it won’t do much good or be of much help if it doesn’t work.
As capricious and coquetttish as spring weather
I have time to write because I had 10 minutes then 6 then 11 then 3 then threeeeeeee then 1 then 3 to write this. In essence using this app was the equivalent of what one used to do, walk out to the stop and wait until the next arrives. Only in this case the app gives you false data and has made me run to see how time just shifted from 10 minutes to 2, or else run to my stop thinking arrival is imminent to wait 25 minutes in the cold (yesterday, San Francisco 2019). No excuse. No thank you. And BTW I’m still waiting.
Accurate times but terrible interface
As usual LA metro develops apps made for a PC. The only reason I downloaded this app was because every other app lacked current status of unreliable lines. Then they shut down the blue line but the geniuses at LA metro neglected to include the bus lines that replaced the train route - and will be in effect for eight months of construction on the rail line — a rather obvious omission for blue line riders. This app needs an update, Mayor Garcetti.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.