NextBus Mobile Application has following major functionalities:
1. Find real-time ETA for nearby stops instantly.
2. Find walking directions from the current location to the nearest stop.
4. Save favorite agency, route and stop.
5. Find all or nearby Transit agencies.
6. Restore default setting such as favorite stops etc.
7. Get Help and learn how to use the application.
8. Send comments/questions/complaints to NextBus or Transit Agency.
9. Expand arrival information for selected agency/route/stop
10. Find arrival for next three tracked vehicles.
11. Save alerts for a stop and agency.
12. Support French and Spanish.
1) Real-time ETA is available for service vehicles that are equipped with working GPS devices.
2) Stops must be serviced by transit agencies that are using NextBus RTPI system.
3) Where Transit agency is equipped with NextBus RTPI system.
Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Good, but annoying bugs
This app is really useful, for someone that is trying to stay on top of transit bus times.
The annoying bit is that the minutes indicating time taken for bus to arrive is sometimes not accurate, especially when the traffic is moving fast or extremely slow. I’ve lost a few buses taking my time when the minutes began counting down like seconds.
One other personal thing is that at a bus stop by my college campus (where the bus line ends and begins) is sometimes waayyy off. Just a while ago, I ran to catch the bus coming in 1 minute, arriving only to see the time was increasing then disappearing altogether?????? Happens all too frequently for this particular stop. What even.
This app help me to know what time the bus/metro train arrive at the stop and where it is at on the route(automatically refresh every 30 seconds)!Also it will tell if there is any delay on the route so I can avoid the route and use alternate bus/metro to get to my destination and knowing that I need to leave the house early! Also it will have the list of stop of the route in order so you know how many more stop till you have reach your stop!
My main issue with the app is the way it displays the next busses arrival time. “8min | 40min | 58min” can get confusing when checking the arrival time multiple times. An option to display the estimated time of arrival instead, say “8:50am | 9:22am” etc. would be very clear.
The other issue is the flux in the actual arrival time compared to the estimate. One must study the map and observe and become familiar with the speed and location of the bus on the map to predict if it’s on time or not. This is not easy.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.