The NextRadio app lets you stream live and local FM radio on your smartphone in a brand new way. Get a real-time view of what’s playing on-air and interact live with your favorite local radio stations. Download NextRadio on your Apple smartphone today!
• Tune in to live, local FM radio stations on your phone
• See what’s on-air with Live Guide or browse radio stations by genre or frequency
PARTICIPATING RADIO STATION FEATURES:
• See artwork and song information while you listen
• Buy the song you just heard right from your phone
• Get a list of recently played songs
• View station information and see what DJ is on-air next
• Give feedback on the songs you like or dislike
• Share what you're listening to on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram
NextRadio uses your location to provide an accurate list of radio stations available in your area.
Added streaming stations for Mexico and Spanish language support.
Ratings and Reviews
More User-Friendly Than TuneIn
When I first started hearing about the Nextradio app and its main objective - data-free radio signals using the FM chip in a cell phone - I was excited. And while there are some carriers that have not initiated the FM chip (certainly not the fault of the app’s developers), and the thought of Nextradio as being just an alternative to TuneIn Radio aside, I actually find Nextradio more user-friendly than TuneIn, and the ability to stream most radio stations’ signals (excluding those owned by iHeartMedia and several others) serves as a good interim placeholder until carriers eventually make it possible for users to operate Nextradio for its original purpose.
The reason I give the app four stars out of five is because I find it currently lacks the functionality to reconnect to a radio station’s stream like TuneIn does.
This app is junk
This app is junk, when using this app your not actually using a real FM radio your streaming a FM radio station from your WiFi or cellular data when I download a simple FM radio app I expect it to do what it’s intended to do which is playing FM radio from the FM chip in my phone not streaming FM radio stations from the internet I have an iPhone 5S an iPhone SE an iPhone 6 and an iPhone 6S plus and they all have a FM chip in them why can’t I use that FM chip and a pair of headphones /earbuds with a 3.5 mm jack or a lightning jack on it to listen to the FM radio without any internet connection and it actually be live FM radio from my iPhones FM chip?
Killed my battery!!!!!
I installed this app after listening to a ad on a local radio station. I installed it to listen to the radio while sitting at my desk at work. I only listened for about 30 minutes before I exited the app. When I got home my battery was at 22% which had never been below 70% ever after a long day. The next time I looked it was 18% charge so I uninstalled this App. Not it’s been over 2 hours since I installed and it’s still 18% so it was definitely this App.
I would not recommend this one!!!
- TagStation, LLC
- 78.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2013 TagStation, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.