NextStop - NYC Subway
By Pliable Matter LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Now includes realtime arrival estimates for the 1,2,3,4,5,6 and Grand Central Shuttle ***
NOTE: Realtime functionality is experimental. For realtime FAQs see http://brooklynappfactory.com/realtime/
Please contact email@example.com for any questions or issues
- Recently featured on NY1 http://bit.ly/sESx7Y
- Award winner in the 2011 NYC Big Apps Competition
NextStop is an iPhone/iPod Touch app for New York City Subway riders who don’t like to waste a minute. At a quick glance, it tells you when the next train is scheduled to arrive based on your current location, selected station, or pre-defined favorites. With this information in hand, it’s easy to figure out the quickest route between point A and point B.
For the 1,2,3,4,5,6 lines and Grand Central Shuttle, realtime arrival estimates are provided (requires an internet connection). For all other lines, or when an Internet connection is unavailable, MTA schedules are used. For more information see: http://brooklynappfactory.com/realtime
Please Note: Arrival times for lettered lines are based on MTA timetables, however trains sometimes run ahead or behind schedule, so please use information as general guidance only. For best results, make sure that your iPhone is set to "Set time automatically" (under Settings > General > Date & Time) and get to the station at least 2 minutes before your scheduled arrival.
NextStop is officially licensed by the MTA and all graphics are used with permission.
- Displays your favorite stations based on time of day (morning commute, evening commute, etc.).
- Shows upcoming stops at all stations near your current location.
- Shows upcoming stops (including times) for selected train.
- Includes the official MTA map. Clicking a station displays upcoming stops for that station.
- Displays MTA service alerts (delays, service changes) and advisories (planned work, etc).
- Optionally sends push notifications about delays on your Favorited lines
- Allows browsing of lines and stations to find next stop for any train.
What's New in Version 2.4.4
- Fix for crash related to wifi in subway stations
- Fix for intermittent crashes on countdown screens
We're hard at work on the next major version of NextStop and would love to hear what you think. Please see http://brooklynappfactory.com/nextstop-3 for more info.
Simple app, does what it says.
On some trains I notice it doesn't always come when it says but it's usually by 1-2 minutes behind/ahead of schedule. Now this is obviously not the fault of the app, but the delays that people cause from holding doors open on the train. I take the D/N/Q/B often and those pretty much come when they say they will.
Could be better but still great
I really like this app; it shows the scheduled times that the trains are supposed to arrive and what lines are at each station. Sadly it’s not real time because NYC hasn’t implemented that capability but it’s still really helpful. I wish they would offer directions between two places like iTrans NYC.
Great app saves time
It works well. But have no real use for as it I have to wait for the train, which is usually less 7 min. I would like this app more if it let me select a station and send notifications for me in the morning with train schedule. So that I don't have to wait in the stations or not miss a train.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Oct 26, 2014
- Version: 2.4.4
- Size: 34.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Pliable Matter LLC
- © Pliable Matter LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.