NextStop - NYC Subway
By Pliable Matter LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Now includes realtime arrival estimates for the 1,2,3,4,5,6 and Grand Central Shuttle ***
NOTE: Realtime functionality is experimental. For realtime FAQs see http://brooklynappfactory.com/realtime/
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or issues
- Recently featured on NY1 http://bit.ly/sESx7Y
- Award winner in the 2011 NYC Big Apps Competition
NextStop is an iPhone/iPod Touch app for New York City Subway riders who don’t like to waste a minute. At a quick glance, it tells you when the next train is scheduled to arrive based on your current location, selected station, or pre-defined favorites. With this information in hand, it’s easy to figure out the quickest route between point A and point B.
For the 1,2,3,4,5,6 lines and Grand Central Shuttle, realtime arrival estimates are provided (requires an internet connection). For all other lines, or when an Internet connection is unavailable, MTA schedules are used. For more information see: http://brooklynappfactory.com/realtime
Please Note: Arrival times for lettered lines are based on MTA timetables, however trains sometimes run ahead or behind schedule, so please use information as general guidance only. For best results, make sure that your iPhone is set to "Set time automatically" (under Settings > General > Date & Time) and get to the station at least 2 minutes before your scheduled arrival.
NextStop is officially licensed by the MTA and all graphics are used with permission.
- Displays your favorite stations based on time of day (morning commute, evening commute, etc.).
- Shows upcoming stops at all stations near your current location.
- Shows upcoming stops (including times) for selected train.
- Includes the official MTA map. Clicking a station displays upcoming stops for that station.
- Displays MTA service alerts (delays, service changes) and advisories (planned work, etc).
- Optionally sends push notifications about delays on your Favorited lines
- Allows browsing of lines and stations to find next stop for any train.
- Allows selection of date and time to view past/future schedules.
What's New in Version 2.3.4
Bug fixes and internal improvements
Luckily I live 2 blocks away from the subway, so this app is real useful, and it's accurate, if the train says 10 min. until arrival I toast a bagel, put some cream cheese on and head out the door. Doesn't sound extremely important but it could be the difference between having a good/bad day or being late for work. have been using this for almost 3 years now and never had a problem.
Great app but it closes to much
It's a great app love how it tell you the time the train is about to pass. It so great because in NY the trains can be full like crazy early I'm the morning and rush hour. the only problem would be the app closes to much it should be fix. but overall it's really helpful :)
I absolutely love this app. I use it every time I go to work to see which route to take that day. The train arrival times are pretty accurate. I love how it has the map right there and how it very organized. It tells you when there are delays on the train. Highly recommend this app 👍
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Aug 02, 2013
- Version: 2.3.4
- Size: 18.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Pliable Matter LLC
- © Pliable Matter LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.