* WATCH over 4000 films from Canada's National Film Board
* Download films to WATCH OFFLINE (up to 48 hours)
* Add films to your FAVOURITES
* SEARCH the prestigious NFB film collection
* Browse films by thematic CHANNELS
* KIDS' channel with fun and educational content for children
* SHARE your discoveries with your friends by email, on Twitter or Facebook
* AirPlay support, allowing you to stream films to television
The NFB Films app requires iOS 9.3 and above.
Please send your feedback by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by Twitter to http://twitter.com/TheNFB.
Love the app? Please write a review for the App Store!
The National Film Board is Canada's public film producer and distributor. Find out more at http://www.nfb.ca/
Ratings and Reviews
I regret that it hadn't occurred too me to write this review before. I love the content variety. Something for every one I imagine. If you are sensitive you'll surely find something to offend you because it has films of many things and at times films with opposing points. My recommendation? Do like me and don't watch the items whose very titles offend you.
The children's content is nice. For me, I love the simple films such as the "how to build an igloo". It was intriguing and I love to see the skill of two Inuit who slap together a nice dwelling in about 2 hours. A tool or two & you have shelter! Shows about an urban gardener. Shows depicting the life of the migrating Eskimo which life is now gone. Great to watch the old ways but I'm sure they are glad for a life of relatively greater comfort. Cree Hunters of Mistassinee (sp?), great. This review is way too long. Just get it. If you don't like it, I'll refund your ...wait it's free!
Has some classic animation on it,then a lot of so so efforts
Some of the content is brilliant,the short Ryan was a groundbreaking computer animation about the addiction of the animator from Montreal(which ended up killing his career) when it first came out or Madame Tulti Pulti, an artful animation about a train.
The rest is okay, still the concept of this project is pretty cool. I'm pretty familiar with Canadian film and they haven't been as successful as other places at creating an alternative filmmaking system.
The problem is the lack of high quality content.
I can't believe more people don't know about this app. A great way to work you way through the NFBs catalog and there really is something for everyone. I especially love that you can DL films to watch off-line for 48 hrs (but those longer ones take a while to download). Only negative - wish there was a better way to navigate back thru the library after reading a film describe. Every time I do it kicks me back to the beginning of the list.
- National Film Board / Office national du film
- 22.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © National Film Board of Canada
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.