By National Federation of the Blind
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NFB-NEWSLINE® content now comes to the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch!
NFB-NEWSLINE® is an information source designed to keep persons who are unable to read conventional newsprint informed about current events locally, nationally, and around the world.
NFB-NEWSLINE® Mobile features the text of over three hundred newspapers, forty magazines, plus personalized television listings.
In order to use this application, you must be a NFB-NEWSLINE® subscriber with a valid identification and security code. Eligible NFB-NEWSLINE® subscribers are only authorized to install and use this application on five devices.
To learn more, view eligibility requirements for this free service, and complete an online application, please visit http://www.nfbnewsline.org or call (866) 504-7300.
NFB-NEWSLINE®, a service sponsored in part by the National Federation of the Blind.
What's New in Version 2.0
1. Adds AccuWeather® weather alerts to the home screen of the app, based on a subscriber's registered zip code.
2. Includes a messaging function on the home screen of the app to alert subscribers of NFB-NEWSLINE to new publications and features.
3. Changes the keyboard used in TV Listings from alphanumeric to numeric only.
4. Fixed system bugs and improved IOS 6 compatibility.
Several improvements in 2.0
I love the new features in 2.0. The bug fixes have been effective.
I especially like the weather alert feature.
- Category: News
- Updated: Dec 27, 2012
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 0.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: National Federation of the Blind
- © National Federation of the Blind
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.