“See something Say something” for smartphones
The NFTA See Say App offers the public a quick and discreet method for reporting suspicious activity directly to the NFTA Transit Police. The app can send pictures, text messages, and locations of suspicious people or activities. From the home screen, users have two easy options for contacting the NFTA Transit Police:
* The “Report a Problem” button allows users to send text or photos directly to the NFTA Transit Police. To ensure discretion, the camera flash is automatically disabled when photos are taken through the app. When reporting an issue, users can select locations and report categories to assist the NFTA Transit Police. Riders can also send reports anonymously if they chose.
* The “Call NFTA Police” button will connect customers directly to the NFTA Transit Police.
The application is designed for NFTA. If you send a report in an area without cellular connectivity, it will be stored and sent when connectivity returns. The system is also designed to send text messages before pictures so that the NFTA Transit Police can get app reports as quickly as possible.
BOLO (Be On the Look Out) Alerts. BOLO Alerts on the See Say App may display alerts from NFTA Transit Police about specific persons of interest. For example, See Say may display information about a missing person or child, such as where they were last seen. If you see a person from a BOLO, immediately call 911 and send an app report to NFTA Transit Police discreetly.
2) Noted that your name and contact info are not sent to dispatcher for Anonymous reports.
3) Optimized app-to-server communication to remove unused data fields, like battery level and GPS, from some calls.
Ratings and Reviews
Very useful app. Highly recommend.
Two flaws so far;
1)Yes it disables the flash but not the clicking sound taking a picture makes. So make sure you phone in on silent if you take pics.
2)Underground in the subway will be problems.
Flaws aside it is a 1.0 version so I'm sure the flaws will be fixed later.
Just download the app. I think it's a great idea that will help reduce crime in the system. Looking forward to using it. Must have.
Great response by NFTA when I reported a problem at the downtown Bus station
- Elerts Corporation
- 33.2 MB
- Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © ELERTS Corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.