The official NHL® app is the best place to keep up with live hockey on your iPhone and iPad. Stay connected to your favorite team and players with the NHL.TV™ Free Game of the Week, radio broadcasts, stats, scores, news, and more!
••• NEW FOR 2017-2018 SEASON •••
• Pause and rewind NHL.TV™ with DVR controls
••• PERSONALIZE YOUR EXPERIENCE •••
• Stay up-to-date with every team’s scores, schedules, standings, news, videos, and rosters
• Listen to Home, Away, and alternate language (where available) radio broadcasts
• Set up team push notifications for game start, game end, goals (with your favorite team’s official horn), news, and more
• Watch key plays and pivotal moments with in-game and post-game highlights
• Customize the NHL® app icon to feature your favorite team*
••• ADDITIONAL NHL® APP FEATURES •••
• NHL.TV™ Free Games of the Week are available to stream in the app
• Live-updating scores featuring power play clocks and on-ice simulations
• Stats for leaders spanning over 100 years of NHL history
• 60 frames per second HD streaming for live video (supported iPhones and iPads only)
• Multitasking and Picture-in-Picture capabilities (supported iPads only)
••• WATCH LIVE GAMES WITH NHL.TV™ •••
• NHL.TV™ subscribers can watch every out-of-market 2017-2018 regular season game LIVE and on demand^
• Livestream games from all 31 teams: Anaheim Ducks®, Arizona Coyotes®, Boston Bruins®, Buffalo Sabres®, Calgary Flames®, Carolina Hurricanes®, Chicago Blackhawks®, Colorado Avalanche®, Columbus Blue Jackets®, Dallas Stars™, Detroit Red Wings®, Edmonton Oilers®, Florida Panthers®, Los Angeles Kings®, Minnesota Wild®, Montreal Canadiens®, Nashville Predators®, New Jersey Devils®, New York Islanders®, New York Rangers®, Ottawa Senators®, Philadelphia Flyers®, Pittsburgh Penguins®, San Jose Sharks®, St. Louis Blues®, Tampa Bay Lightning®, Toronto Maple Leafs®, Vancouver Canucks®, Vegas Golden Knights™, Washington Capitals®, Winnipeg Jets™
• Choose from home or away feeds
• Bonus: NHL.TV™ subscribers receive NHL Premium™ for free
••• GET NHL PREMIUM™•••
• NHL Premium™ subscribers can watch two minutes of action in every regulation period live with no blackout restrictions
• Get access to exclusive in-game highlights
• No pre-roll or banner ads
^All live and on-demand games are subject to blackouts and other restrictions.
*The NHL® App is not the official team app for the Buffalo Sabres, Montreal Canadiens, Pittsburgh Penguins, San Jose Sharks, and Toronto Maple Leafs. App icon customization is not available for the Buffalo Sabres, Montreal Canadiens, and Toronto Maple Leafs.
Access NHL Premium™ for $2.99 monthly or for $19.99 yearly or get NHL.TV™ Monthly for $24.99 per month. You will be automatically billed $2.99 or $24.99 through iTunes every 30 days year round or $19.99 every 365 days until you cancel your subscription. Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your subscription can be managed and the auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the iTunes Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
NHL and the NHL Shield are registered trademarks and NHL.TV and NHL Premium are trademarks of the National Hockey League. NHL and NHL team marks are the property of the NHL and its teams. © NHL 2017. All Rights Reserved.
We made a few small backend changes so purchasing tickets will be more stable next season, but nothing you will notice.
Ratings and Reviews
This app is terrible!
So I paid to watch hockey, this app is constantly blacking out games from teams that are over 300 miles from me! How can that be an in market game? When my local team is on the road is say New York ( I live in California ) it’s still blacked out! So today I wanted to stream a game on my iPad, but noooo you can’t do that all I get is the black screen of death! I’m able to stream it on my ROKU but not on my iPad, thanks guys nice. The iPad is completely updated the app is updated but no, now I’m paying for something that doesn’t deliver typical TV bologna. I cut the cord to put this crap behind me, guess not. To be fair when it works, when you can watch the game you want the picture quality is better than cable and the self muting commercials is kind of nice. But really not worth the money for the hassles. Step up boys and fix it, we pay you for hockey now deliver or let the girls do it cupcake. Oh yeah the speed meter tells me I’m getting 110 mbs of download so it’s not that either.
Don't waste your money on NHL premium
Took away half of the old features such as 10 minute condensed games, highlights now have no hits, no fights, and are often mysteriously missing important saves or moments, such as injuries. was able to watch my Avs games before the latest updates, now I can't, course that is probably intentional, but I would have at least been a little less mad at the lack of 10 minute condensed games, seriously, if they don't put those back in it's a waste of money, can't believe they replaced a perfectly good app with this piece of junk. As is the "Extended Highlights" aren't worth watching cause there are only goals and saves, NO hits, No important highlights of penalties, no injuries shown. I feel like I'm watching a highlight reel. I used to feel like I was watching a full game condensed into 10 minutes which was much much better. As is is the NFL does so much better at condensed games than the NHL does it's sad.
Yet another game ruined
I'm updating my review because with this latest update, I have had yet another game ruined for me. I started to play a game on my iPad that I had been watching on my AppleTV. I had intended to fast forward to where I was, but the super-effective "jump forward 30 seconds" button wasn't showing up. (don't even get me started on their horrible imitation of "VCR controls". Yes, I know I said "imitation" instead of "implementation." A VCR has a fast forward button, not a "jump ahead 30 seconds" button.)
Anyway, I stopped the game to try again, and when it started to play, I was greeted with a banner across the top of the video (at the BEGINNING of the game) telling me that the 3-on-3 overtime was being sponsored by EA Sports NHL '18. Great. I've seen up to the middle of the second, but now I know regulation will end in a tie. Thanks, NHL. I'm so glad I pay $112 a year to have games ruined. Come on, NHL, get your act together.
- BAMTech LLC.
- 173.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © NHL® 2018. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- NHL Premium Monthly $2.99
- NHL.tv Monthly $2.99
- NHL.tv Monthly $2.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.