NHL Hardest Shot™
By NHL Interactive Cyberenterprises, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
How hard can you shoot a hockey puck? Do you think you have what it takes to compete with the Pro's? It's time to put your strength, power, & speed to the test and blast your hardest slap shot.
How it Works
NHL Hardest Shot™ uses audio recognition technology to determine the speed of your slapshot. Simply measure your shooting distance, set your mobile device and fire away. Our state of the art technology picks up sound from the impact of your stick on the puck or ball, and then again from the puck or ball on the target. The app then calculates your speed and displays it instantly.
Can you break the NHL record 108.8 mph slap shot? Challenge your friends and post results on Facebook and Twitter.
How To Use NHL Hardest Shot™
1. Choose your distance
2. Make sure your target is a solid surface (For example, a solid wall/board target may amplify the sound of the hit for better results than a net target)
3. Place the phone half way in between (and off to the side please!)
4. Tap the red 'Start Test' button on the main 'Speed Test' page
5. Take your best shot using your hockey stick and either a puck or ball
6. Tap the red "End Test' button on the main 'Speed Test' page and your speed will be displayed
Disclaimer - The NHL Hardest Shot™ app is designed for shooting distances of 20 ft and 40 ft. Any shot not taken at 20 ft or 40 ft could result in a failed trial or could lead to an inaccurate measurement of your shot speed.
Once you figure out how to use it (the app should be more specific) its pretty good at predicting shot speed. I have a 70-80 mph range on my shots and it was consistently in that range.
For people who don't understand, it basically measures the amount of time between the initial hit of the stick on the puck to the hit on another surface. It uses the mic not the camera so no need to worry too much about placement so long as it can pick up the sounds.
One thing I found is that if the hit of the puck in the goal is too quiet, it won't pick it up. I put a sturdy box thing in front of it to amplify the sound and it worked perfectly.
I just shot 70.7 :D. I've only had it for a couple of minutes but I can tell already that I will spend hours using this and trying to make my shot harder.
Take case off phone
I had a otter box on my phone and it would not work so I took it off and it worked good so take your case off and try it if it won't work for you
- Category: Sports
- Released: Jan 22, 2012
- Version: 1.0912
- Size: 3.3 MB
- Languages: English, Finnish, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: NHL Interactive Cyberenterprises, LLC
- NHL© 2012. All Rights Reserved
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.