The official NHL® App is the best place to unleash your hockey fandom with live hockey on your iPhone and iPad! Go rinkside with your favorite team and players with the NHL.TV™ Free Games of the Week, radio broadcasts, stats, scores, news, and more!
••• NEW FOR 2018-2019 SEASON •••
• Watch highlights and the latest videos from your favorite team and around the league through our vertical portrait video player
• Access game information, intermission clocks, and scoring updates right on your wrist through our Apple Watch App
• Explore NHL® Arena information such as food and beverage locations through the Arena section on participating team pages
••• PERSONALIZE YOUR EXPERIENCE •••
• Stay up-to-date with every team’s scores, schedules, standings, news, videos, and rosters
• Listen to Home, Away, and alternate language (where available) radio broadcasts
• Set up team push notifications for game start, game end, goals (with your favorite team’s official horn), news, and more
• Watch key plays and pivotal moments with in-game and post-game highlights
• Customize the NHL® App icon in your favorite team’s logo and colors*
••• ADDITIONAL NHL® App FEATURES •••
• NHL.TV™ Free Games of the Week are available to stream in the App
• Live-updating scores featuring power play clocks, on-ice simulations, and intermission countdown clocks
• Stats for leaders spanning over 100 years of NHL® history
• 60 frames per second HD streaming for live video (supported iPhones and iPads only)
• Pause and rewind NHL.TV™ with DVR controls to never miss a play
• Multitasking and Picture-in-Picture capabilities (supported iPads only)
••• WATCH LIVE GAMES WITH NHL.TV™ •••
• NHL.TV™ subscribers can watch out-of-market 2018-2019 regular season games LIVE and on demand^
• Live stream games from all 31 teams
• Watch or listen to games with home or away feeds
• Bonus!: NHL.TV™ subscribers receive NHL Premium™ for free
••• GET NHL PREMIUM™•••
• Watch two minutes of action in every regulation period in every regular season game live with no blackout restrictions
• Watch the final minutes, including 3-on-3 OT and shootouts, of every live out-of-market game
• Total Ad-free experience
^All live and on-demand games are subject to blackouts and other restrictions.
*The NHL® App is not the official team app for the Buffalo Sabres, Montreal Canadiens, Pittsburgh Penguins, San Jose Sharks, and Toronto Maple Leafs. App icon customization is not available for the Buffalo Sabres, Montreal Canadiens, and Toronto Maple Leafs.
Access NHL Premium™ for $2.99 monthly or for $19.99 yearly or get NHL.TV™ Monthly for $24.99 per month. You will be automatically billed $2.99 or $24.99 through iTunes every 30 days year round or $19.99 every 365 days until you cancel your subscription. Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your subscription can be managed and the auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the iTunes Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
NHL, the NHL Shield and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and NHL.TV, NHL LIVE and NHL Premium are trademarks of the National Hockey League.
NHL and NHL team marks are the property of the NHL and its teams. © NHL 2018. All Rights Reserved.
We're always improving the NHL® App to bring you a better experience. Here's what's new in the latest release of the NHL® App:
• Introducing picture-in-picture functionality! Scroll through the App and watch live games in our new minimized view. Simply tap the control on the live game player and scroll through the app to stay up-to-date on news and scores around the league
• Receive more in-depth information on nightly matchups through our robust scouting reports
• Scoring summaries now include more in depth analysis of the goal showcased by prominent video display
• Bug fixes & performance enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
Don't waste your money on NHL premium
Took away half of the old features such as 10 minute condensed games, highlights now have no hits, no fights, and are often mysteriously missing important saves or moments, such as injuries. was able to watch my Avs games before the latest updates, now I can't, course that is probably intentional, but I would have at least been a little less mad at the lack of 10 minute condensed games, seriously, if they don't put those back in it's a waste of money, can't believe they replaced a perfectly good app with this piece of junk. As is the "Extended Highlights" aren't worth watching cause there are only goals and saves, NO hits, No important highlights of penalties, no injuries shown. I feel like I'm watching a highlight reel. I used to feel like I was watching a full game condensed into 10 minutes which was much much better. As is is the NFL does so much better at condensed games than the NHL does it's sad.
Yet another game ruined
I'm updating my review because with this latest update, I have had yet another game ruined for me. I started to play a game on my iPad that I had been watching on my AppleTV. I had intended to fast forward to where I was, but the super-effective "jump forward 30 seconds" button wasn't showing up. (don't even get me started on their horrible imitation of "VCR controls". Yes, I know I said "imitation" instead of "implementation." A VCR has a fast forward button, not a "jump ahead 30 seconds" button.)
Anyway, I stopped the game to try again, and when it started to play, I was greeted with a banner across the top of the video (at the BEGINNING of the game) telling me that the 3-on-3 overtime was being sponsored by EA Sports NHL '18. Great. I've seen up to the middle of the second, but now I know regulation will end in a tie. Thanks, NHL. I'm so glad I pay $112 a year to have games ruined. Come on, NHL, get your act together.
I’m a massive NHL fan who for some reason purchases the full access every year but this may just be the last. This app is a train wreck. It takes sometimes 2 minutes just for the app to load. Once it finally opens you may or may not be automatically logged out for some reason but good luck trying to log in because sometimes sometimes when you do it will say you just logged out so you have to try about 3 more times. If you’re lucky enough to get past that good luck trying to touch those millimeter wide play buttons to watch any goal highlights. If you used to use this app on ps4/xbox you know how unbearable that experience was. But on mobile it’s not as bad but still glitchy and way too spotty. Whoever makes this app needs to maybe start using it on a regular basis and fix the horrible bugs that have been in it for a long time.
- BAMTech LLC.
- 245.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, French
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © NHL® 2018. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- NHL Premium Monthly $2.99
- NHL.tv Monthly $24.99
- NHL.tv Monthly $2.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.