By BAMTECH LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The official NHL® app is the best place to keep up with live hockey on your iPhone and iPad. Stay connected to your favorite team and players with the NHL.TV™ Free Game of the Week, radio broadcasts, stats, scores, news, and more!
••• NEW FOR 2017-2018 SEASON •••
• Pause and rewind NHL.TV™ with DVR controls
••• PERSONALIZE YOUR EXPERIENCE •••
• Stay up-to-date with every team’s scores, schedules, standings, news, videos, and rosters
• Listen to Home, Away, and alternate language (where available) radio broadcasts
• Set up team push notifications for game start, game end, goals (with your favorite team’s official horn), news, and more
• Watch key plays and pivotal moments with in-game and post-game highlights
• Customize the NHL® app icon to feature your favorite team*
••• ADDITIONAL NHL® APP FEATURES •••
• NHL.TV™ Free Games of the Week are available to stream in the app
• Live-updating scores featuring power play clocks and on-ice simulations
• Stats for leaders spanning over 100 years of NHL history
• 60 frames per second HD streaming for live video (supported iPhones and iPads only)
• Multitasking and Picture-in-Picture capabilities (supported iPads only)
••• WATCH LIVE GAMES WITH NHL.TV™ •••
• NHL.TV™ subscribers can watch every out-of-market 2017-2018 regular season game LIVE and on demand^
• Livestream games from all 31 teams: Anaheim Ducks®, Arizona Coyotes®, Boston Bruins®, Buffalo Sabres®, Calgary Flames®, Carolina Hurricanes®, Chicago Blackhawks®, Colorado Avalanche®, Columbus Blue Jackets®, Dallas Stars™, Detroit Red Wings®, Edmonton Oilers®, Florida Panthers®, Los Angeles Kings®, Minnesota Wild®, Montreal Canadiens®, Nashville Predators®, New Jersey Devils®, New York Islanders®, New York Rangers®, Ottawa Senators®, Philadelphia Flyers®, Pittsburgh Penguins®, San Jose Sharks®, St. Louis Blues®, Tampa Bay Lightning®, Toronto Maple Leafs®, Vancouver Canucks®, Vegas Golden Knights™, Washington Capitals®, Winnipeg Jets™
• Choose from home or away feeds
• Bonus: NHL.TV™ subscribers receive NHL Premium™ for free
••• GET NHL PREMIUM™•••
• NHL Premium™ subscribers can watch two minutes of action in every regulation period live with no blackout restrictions
• Get access to exclusive in-game highlights
• No pre-roll or banner ads
^All live and on-demand games are subject to blackouts and other restrictions.
*The NHL® App is not the official team app for the Buffalo Sabres, Montreal Canadiens, Pittsburgh Penguins, San Jose Sharks, and Toronto Maple Leafs. App icon customization is not available for the Buffalo Sabres, Montreal Canadiens, and Toronto Maple Leafs.
Access NHL Premium™ for $2.99 monthly or for $19.99 yearly or get NHL.TV™ Monthly for $24.99 per month. You will be automatically billed $2.99 or $24.99 through iTunes every 30 days year round or $19.99 every 365 days until you cancel your subscription. Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your subscription can be managed and the auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the iTunes Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
NHL and the NHL Shield are registered trademarks and NHL.TV and NHL Premium are trademarks of the National Hockey League. NHL and NHL team marks are the property of the NHL and its teams. © NHL 2017. All Rights Reserved.
What's New in Version 9.1.2
• General improvements
Took away mirroring!
I’m a Pens fan that has moved to South Carolina and it is impossible where I live to get the center ice package through my cable. They don’t even offer NHL Network on any package in fact. No problem, I pay $140 on here and I can watch any game I want. Well now they’ve made it so I can’t even watch on my TV?!?! I’m expected to watch on my iPad or phone for that price?!?! Why does the NHL always punish the few very loyal fans they have? I will be trying for a refund if this isn’t fixed soon.
Edit: of course it’s non-refundable, they’d give waaaay too much money back. Well, this is the last year I’ll pay for this crap. Can’t, for the life of me, figure out why mirroring has been taken away other than to screw loyal fans. Not only will I not get the premium package next year, I will be spending a lot less money on NHL merchandise. Headed to Vegas in a few days to see the Pens take on the Golden Knights. Was going to bring home a nice Fleury sweater at a minimum but now I’m not sure I’ll even buy a beer in the game. There’s a ton of ways to spend my hard earned money in Vegas, I’m not giving any more to this greedy league.
This app is terrible!
So I paid to watch hockey, this app is constantly blacking out games from teams that are over 300 miles from me! How can that be an in market game? When my local team is on the road is say New York ( I live in California ) it’s still blacked out! So today I wanted to stream a game on my iPad, but noooo you can’t do that all I get is the black screen of death! I’m able to stream it on my ROKU but not on my iPad, thanks guys nice. The iPad is completely updated the app is updated but no, now I’m paying for something that doesn’t deliver typical TV bologna. I cut the cord to put this crap behind me, guess not. To be fair when it works, when you can watch the game you want the picture quality is better than cable and the self muting commercials is kind of nice. But really not worth the money for the hassles. Step up boys and fix it, we pay you for hockey now deliver or let the girls do it cupcake. Oh yeah the speed meter tells me I’m getting 110 mbs of download so it’s not that either.
Yet another game ruined
I'm updating my review because with this latest update, I have had yet another game ruined for me. I started to play a game on my iPad that I had been watching on my AppleTV. I had intended to fast forward to where I was, but the super-effective "jump forward 30 seconds" button wasn't showing up. (don't even get me started on their horrible imitation of "VCR controls". Yes, I know I said "imitation" instead of "implementation." A VCR has a fast forward button, not a "jump ahead 30 seconds" button.)
Anyway, I stopped the game to try again, and when it started to play, I was greeted with a banner across the top of the video (at the BEGINNING of the game) telling me that the 3-on-3 overtime was being sponsored by EA Sports NHL '18. Great. I've seen up to the middle of the second, but now I know regulation will end in a tie. Thanks, NHL. I'm so glad I pay $112 a year to have games ruined. Come on, NHL, get your act together.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Nov 27, 2017
- Version: 9.1.2
- Size: 176 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: BAMTech LLC.
- © NHL® 2017. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- NHL Premium Monthly$2.99
- NHL.tv Monthly$24.99
- NHL.tv Monthly$24.99
- NHL Premium Monthly Trial$2.99
- NHL Premium Annual$19.99
- NHL.tv Yearly$139.99
- NHL.tv Monthly International$19.99
- Rogers NHL LIVE$23.99
- Rogers NHL GameCentre Live Season Pass$139.99
- Rogers NHL LIVE$23.99