NHPR Public Radio App:
The New Hampshire Public Radio App allows you to listen to NHPR, pause and rewind the live audio, and view the program schedule for NHPR all at once! You can explore On Demand content, search for programs, bookmark a program for later, and wake up to NHPR with the alarm clock!
• DVR-like controls (pause, rewind, and fast forward). You can pause the live streams to have a conversation and pick up right where you left off! Or rewind to catch a comment you just missed!
• Listen to live streams from NHPR even while traveling! Start the app and your favorite station starts playing – no clicks to start listening.
• Integrated program schedules for all of the NHPR streams!
• One click stream switching – flip over to the program you noticed on another stream with a single click.
• Listen to NHPR in the background while browsing the web or catching up on your emails!
• Access NHPR’s programs easily and quickly.
• DVR-like controls. Pause, rewind and fast forward your program with ease.
• When listening to programs, individual segments (when available) are listed so you can review and choose one or listen to the entire program.
• Easy to access past programs.
• The NHPR Public Radio App displays the web page associated with the program or program segment you are listening to On Demand so you can explore for more information.
• Save what you were listening to (Live or On Demand) so you can replay, follow-up, or share it later by simply clicking “Bookmark”.
• Compatible with the popular Radio Bookmark device (www.radiobookmark.com).
• The unique “Search Public Radio” feature finds stories or programs across hundreds of stations and web pages and makes it easy to play instantly.
• Easily share stories and programs with family and friends via the “Share” button.
• A built in Sleep Timer and Alarm Clock allows you to go to sleep and wake up to your favorite station.
The NHPR Public Radio App is brought to you by the people at NHPR and Public Media Apps. We work to provide our valued listeners with great solutions to find what you want, when you want it, and where you want it.
Please support New Hampshire Public Radio by becoming a member today!
Performance enhancements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
This app needs work
I love NHPR - I would listen to it all day if I could. Unfortunately, I live in an area with three stations all within an hour of my home, but we can’t get NHPR on either our car or home stereo. So I turn to the app. It had been working fine, until a few months ago.
It hesitates to load the feed, it often cuts out for no reason, and it restarts the feed randomly. But the most annoying part is that it will loop anywhere from 2 to 5 seconds, constantly. Just now I heard about three seconds of This American Life five times before deleting (and reinstalling) the app out of frustration. Now it won’t load at all, just cycles from 0 to 93% and back down again. C’mon guys, you’re forcing me to listen to VPR, and I can’t stand that station. Please help!
Could use some work
I only just got the new app so I may not have used it enough to give a complete review but these are the issues I’ve had in the past.
First I am a sustaining member of NHPR and love this station. Second - when a broadcast is interrupted with an ad, I want to scream. It doesn’t interrupt at a normal break but in the middle of a story instead. I’m hoping this has been corrected with the upgrade.
I had a problem for a while with the app reverting to the NHPR classical station but I finally logged on instead of skipping over the log on, it seems better.
So happy to have the live stream that I can listen to at my leisure. Thanks!
Not good. Used to be better
Web pages don’t load properly, charts don’t display fully, link to browser doesn’t work.
Audio pauses & reloads.
The WBUR app is much more reliable.
Harsh because I want you to make this work. Needs a complete redesign and not using Drupal for the website.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.