Nice Dice - 3D dice roller
By Lost Minds
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A dice rolling simulator with state of the art dice simulating features like:
- 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 and 20-sided dice.
- Percentage D100 dice using two 10-sided dice.
- Tap to remove or lock dice when re-rolling.
- Save presets of dice combinations to roll quickly.
- Drag to move and group dice.
- Shake to quickly re-roll the current dice.
- Detailed nicely rounded dice models (not cubes!) with high-resolution textures.
- Per-pixel dynamic lighting with bump mapping, reflections and soft shadows.
- Decently realistic physics simulation with collisions, shake detection and device gravity option.
- Dice collision sounds.
- A bunch of dice materials to choose from (Like red, white, pink, orange, steel, black, gold, or even glowing radio active or magical dice)
- A bunch of backgrounds to choose from (Like different color felt, wood, metal, leather or cloth)
** NO IN-APP PURCHASES ***
Since this received a lot of negative user reviews there is no longer a free version of the app to download and try with an in-app purchase to unlock the full functionality. Instead the app now costs money, but everything is included with no extras to purchase.
NOTE: This is just a dice roller simulator, a substitute for actual dice. It is not a game or specialized tool for specific complex dice rolling calculations or scenarios. It's just dice, you roll them and you get numbers.
For more iOS apps and Mac applications, go to
What's New in Version 3.0.0
** NO MORE IN-APP PURCHASES **
From now on all features, materials and dice models are included for all users, but the app will no longer be free to download. The app is also now available for volume purchasing by schools and the like.
More changes and new features:
- New feature to lock individual dice to prevent them from being re-rolled with other dice. Like in Yatzee for example.
- The camera angle has been reduced to make dice near the edges easier to read, and the pull towards center option is now by default on.
- There's now a new (default) setting to allow shake to re-roll even with the device gravity option turned off.
- The settings screen has been redesigned with multiple tabs to fit all the new settings.
- New interface option to hide the combinations/presets button if you're not using it.
- You can now roll up to 15 dice at the same time on iPad.
- Some bug-fixes and improvements to the dice type selector.
- New light wood dice and background textures.
Keeps getting better...
Great Dice app with plenty of options to personalize. Colors, presets, even the physics, are all just a touch away. And they keep adding more features all the time. Never take a chance without the Nice Dice app. (Pun intended)
Simple and no ads
I like this app for its simplicity, no ads, no internet required. Good for Farkle and Yahtzee. Risk would require two dice colors; perhaps in a future update 😀.
I currently have black felt with radioactive dice! Simplifies so many things for me! Love the app!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 01, 2016
- Version: 3.0.0
- Size: 7.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Lars Gafvert
- © 2016 Lost Minds
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Unlock more options$1.99