By Jędrzej Gronek
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
"I just wanted a simple timer, and this is about as simple as it can get. It would be nice if the alarm sound could be changed. But this is really just what I needed." by Hegedussy
"I've been needing to set a time limit on my internet surfing and wanted a simple countdown timer to help keep track. I wanted something always there and ready to use, but not in the way. This is just what I was looking for. I keep it on all the time, dimmed a little and parked down in the lower left corner of my screen, ready for activation when needed. I just keep it programmed for the same time limit all the time and start and stop when needed." by classic dash
"I like this timer because it is very simple and looks pretty nice. Many of the other timers have a less attractive text type of window interface." by sportytrek
nice timer is the only app you really need when you need... a timer! You can use this beautiful app as a timer or as a stopwatch. nice timer contains 11 built-in styles but also a large mode designed especially for high-res displays.
-simple and beautiful design,
-easy to use,
-15 styles and more to come!
What's New in Version 1.7.2
Countdown or stopwatch, a rainbow of color choices and transparencies, does one thing and one thing well. Love this app. Worth every dollar.
Seems to be abandoned
Nice idea, but missing a couple of essential features for me:
- Option to use spacebar to start/stop the timer while in stopwatch mode, and
- Ability to count fractions of a second in stopwatch mode.
I should’ve looked at the most recent release date before I purchased, as it seems like this may no longer be in active development, and improvements won’t be coming any time soon.
Could be a lot better with some simple modifications
The nice timer app has a lot of wonderful things about it:
1) It's got a great sleek yet minimalist design
2) It is so simple to use and it gets the job done. So many clock apps in the app store come up short and don't have a timer option
Some things I would want to see added to nice timer:
1) The option to minimize the timer. When I'm doing work on my computer, it's sort of annoying to have the timer in your face the whole time. Even if I open a new window on my internet browser, I can't cover the timer. Having the timer always in your face can be distracting to some people, so having the simple option to minimize it, just like most other apps, would make it a lot more useful. I mean, it's just nice to have that simple option.
2) The alarm which indicates that the timer is finished starts and ends very quickly. If they could make it so it can keep ringing until you turn it off I think it would be better. Sometimes my computer may be on low volume and if the timer goes off I may not hear it since the alarm for the timer is so quick. So if they could have one simple setting where the alarm keeps going off until you turn it off it would be better.
3) I would like to see a few more options for different alarm sounds for when the timer ends. Not too many, just something LOUDER than the current alarm. The purpose of a timer is to get your attention when it is done, and the current alarm for doing that is definitely not "alarming enough," it hardly gets my attenion. I don't think they need to do anything fancy like sync itunes with the timer because adding too much to this app would ruin its simple and sleek design. Just add like 2 or 3 alarm options you can choose from, and make sure one of them is a loud bell sound, or a siren sound.
4) When choosing the amount of time I want to set the alarm for, it would be nice to be able to just type in the number, instead of having to scroll all the way to the number manually. Sometimes I want to change my timer from 20min to 50min, and it's pretty absurd that I can't just backspace the 20 and type in 50, I always have to manually scroll 30 units.
Don't get me wrong I LOVE this app, it just needs a little push in the right direction
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jul 23, 2012
- Version: 1.7.2
- Size: 1.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Jedrzej Gronek
- Copyright © 2012 Jędrzej Gronek. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later