By Random House Publishing Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Imagine if your books came complete with links to news and related articles and the ability to join a conversation with the author and other readers. With this iPhone and iPad application for Nick Bilton’s book, I Live in the Future & Here’s How It Works, you can.
Read excerpts from each chapter, add your own commentary, and join rich discussions with author Nick Bilton and other readers as you enter the zeitgeist of an emerging age, providing the understanding of how a radically changed media world is influencing human behavior:
• With a walk on the wild side—through the porn industry—we see how this business model is leading the way, adapting product to consumer needs and preferences and beating piracy.
• By understanding how the Internet is creating a new type of consumer, the “consumnivore,” living in a world where immediacy trumps quality and quantity, we see who is dictating the type of content being created.
• Through exploring the way our brains are adapting, we gain a new understanding of the positive effect of new media narratives on thinking and action. One fascinating study, for example, shows that surgeons who play video games are more skillful than their non-playing counterparts.
• Learn why social networks, the openness of the Internet, and handy new gadgets are not just vehicles for telling the world what you had for breakfast but are becoming the foundation for “anchoring communities” that tame information overload and help determine what news and information to trust and consume and what to ignore.
• Discover why the map of tomorrow is centered on “Me” and why that simple fact means a totally new approach to the way media companies shape content.
• Understand why people pay for experiences, not content; and why great storytelling and extended relationships will prevail and enable businesses to engage with customers in new ways that go beyond merely selling information, instead creating unique and meaningful experiences.
What's New in Version 1.1
- Improved user interface
- Improved Twitter integration
Not updated. Parts don't work
Bought the book and feel cheated. I looked into the future and within 4 months it gas fallen apart!!!!
- Category: Books
- Updated: Sep 27, 2010
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 15.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Random House Publishing Inc.
- © 2010 Crown Publishing Group, a division of Random House, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.